Dryer vent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dryer vent

I need to install a dryer vent. Can you do back-to-back bends, then run straight 20ft? Basically, 90 into the floor, 90 under the dryer and straight run out the wall. Thanks.

Re: Dryer vent

If I remember right the only rule is that the total run be less than 25' but that each 45 degree elbow counts as 2.5' and each 90 degree elbow counts as 5'. (It may be 2' and 4')

So that would be 30' of run total using (2) 90 degree elbows using my numbers.

You may consider a booster or some driers have the option of being fitted with a higher CFM blower (High Static Kit) so you may talk to your local appliance shop about it.

Okie

Comment

The clothes just won't dry as well
      sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

you could up your dryer efficency by running c vent(single wall) and insulating your vent to keep your heat loss down as low as possible.
          if u cant bedazzle em with briliance, baffle em with bulls&*t

Comment

Thanks for the info. After talking with the homeowner, he wants me to stub it into the attic. From there his roofer buddy will bring it thru the roof.

Comment

Great - nothing like a roof covered with dryer lint. I usually have to go into crawl spaces full of it.

Comment

Working...
              X