X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What mechanical drain cleaner to use?

I am the owner of a veterinary clinic, and as you can guess we have a lot of hair and animal waste going down the drains.

My question is what type of equipment would you recommend for drain maintenance? The drains that I plan to clean are 3"-4" black pipe (with traps), as well as occasionally 1 3/4" copper pipe (with traps).

If possible I would like a single piece of gear to do all those drains. If that is not a good idea, then I'll just have to live with it.

Looking at the Rigid products, I am thinking that one of these might fill the bill:

*K-380 Drum Machine
    *K-3800 Drum Machine

*K-39 Sink Machine

What do you think? Any advice you might have will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

The K-39 is probably the most portable of the three you listed, but it is really a little under sized for your applications (3-4 inch drains)

The K-380 is a good choice for a couple of reasons. It features a torque limiter that will allow the cable to slip before any damage occurs to it. This is a plus for operators who do not necessarily clean drains on a frequent basis. In order to clean 4-inch drains you will need to purchase the larger 1/2" cable and install it in your drum. However as far as the price is concerned this might be the best bet. An extra drum can be purchased to house the other cable or it can be installed in the machine when it is needed.

The K-3800 is the most versatile of the three you listed and will probably be the most expensive. This has the most diverse capacity (3/4" - 4" with appropriate cables). The nice thing about this is that you could purchase extra drums and use smaller or larger cables in them to accommodate your particular needs. While you can do this on the 380, this machine makes it a lot easier. The K-3800 also features a universal motor that gives the operator an audible signal when the cable has reached an obstruction. The drum on the machine has an inner drum that the cable can wrap around in case of a serious obstruction. This saves the operator the added cost of damaging cables.

I hope I have not confused the issue but I want to give you as much info as possible. My recommendation would be this, if it is solely a price issue then I would go with the K-380, If it not then the K-3800 would be a better choice.

If you would like some more information, give us a call at 888-743-4333

Comment

Working...
    X