Maximum slope of building sewer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maximum slope of building sewer?

Thank you all for your prompt replies. Three issues I'd like to mention that jumped out at me from reading your responses are:
    1) Why not trench rather than bore? Love to, since I'd get the work and not the horizontal borer. But, the trench would have to tear up a whole lot of things that are better left untouched.
    2) 45º or 22-1/2º steps are definitely the way to go if your topo allows for such. In this case I don't think so. I was even thinking at every 100 co. But even then 2% would only work if we started the invert at at least 10' below grade. Kind of deep to start a horizontal borer, no? And trenching with shoring, no thanks.
    3) A man hole with it's 300' rule is something I might suggest, for landscape reasons and elimination of two access points.

Comment

Last cont. ed. class they taught that there was no maximum anymore and they had abandoned hydraulic gradient theory.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
        I do my step/drop`s with 22`s not 45`s
        I`m kinda picky like that
        Works for me,probably easier to get a bit through too,HUH?

Comment

Tanks' Mark, Sounds like firm EVIDEEENCE to most of Us !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            This is the drain and waste from a second floor men's restroom located in a first floor Union Hall classroom. It is meant to teach the students how the water clings to the outside wall when vertical and the associated hydraulic jump at the bottom when it turns horizontal. The apprentices are responsible for keeping the line clean but they can't use anything which will scratch the pipe.

Mark
            I don't understand this evidence. I understand that due to water clinging on the vertical walls that it reaches terminal velocity. But the hydraulic jump is said to be in the first 10x the pipe diameters' horizontal.

Maybe I misunderstand but this doesn't prove the theory of maximum grade to encourage hydraulic gradient does it?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              3" and smaller1/4" per ft
              4" and larger 1/8" per ft

Those are the minimum's
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                Those are the minimum's
                YEEEAAAAH SSOOOO WHAT"S YOUR POINT
                BRING IT ON PRINCESS

Comment

YEEEAAAAH SSOOOO WHAT"S YOUR POINT
                  BRING IT ON PRINCESS
                  My point is to let you know it is not the maximums
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    I don't understand this evidence. I understand that due to water clinging on the vertical walls that it reaches terminal velocity. But the hydraulic jump is said to be in the first 10x the pipe diameters' horizontal.

Maybe I misunderstand but this doesn't prove the theory of maximum grade to encourage hydraulic gradient does it?

J.C.
                    You would have to see the entire system. Picture there is a class room where one wall is directly below the upstairs men's restroom. That section of piping is behind a glass store front type wall. There are probably 4-water closets and 6-urinals on the wall above. The clear PVC is piped in various configurations depending on what the teacher is trying to show and the horizontal ends up about a foot off of the floor. This is an active restroom so it is not like they are prepared when someone uses the restroom. However, the entire time class is in session people are using the restroom. On occasion certain sections of the system will abandon solids and the apprentices have to clean it out. Sometimes it is at the transition from vertical to horizontal and sometime it's at an aggressively graded pipe. Keep in mind this facility is new enough the water closets are all ultra low flush.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                      My point is to let you know it is not the maximums
                      Who's talking to you Joey?

Comment

I might be mentally ill but I'd like to see this classroom. Where is this located? I remember you speaking of something similar in NV I think.

At one time here, they taught there was a maximum grade.
                        Now, they say there is no maxumum grade.

Next year were gonna' run everything level.

J.C.

Comment

Who's talking to you Joey?
                          Is there another princess on here?
                          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                            I might be mentally ill but I'd like to see this classroom. Where is this located? I remember you speaking of something similar in NV I think.

At one time here, they taught there was a maximum grade.
                            Now, they say there is no maxumum grade.

Next year were gonna' run everything level.

J.C.
                            Yes it is at the new Union Hall in Las Vegas. While I don't belong to the local I have attended a bunch of seminars sponsored by both the ICC and IAPMO. This place is like a show place of plumbing. There is not a single pipe or duct that is concealed.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Mark You need to U tube those Tubes
                              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                                Yes it is at the new Union Hall in Las Vegas. While I don't belong to the local I have attended a bunch of seminars sponsored by both the ICC and IAPMO. This place is like a show place of plumbing. There is not a single pipe or duct that is concealed.

Mark
                                Are you comin' out to Vegas to visit when we head up there to check it out Ben?

Comment

Working...
                                X