• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold some copper fittings today

1" and up to 2"

25 pounds netted only $70

I was paid $2.75 per pound for #1 copper

For some reason I thought that was low in comparison to others I've heard.

Anyway, I didn't even think about ebay since I'm wanting the cash now.

I was thinking more around $120 for the take but I was dreaming I suppose. I paid less for the fittings than what I was paid, but it's marginal at best.

I guess I'm telling my sins. Was just curious to know the value when all these years I've done nothing but buy copper fittings, never sell for scrap. I might cash out all my 1" fittings and up because I have no intention of ever using them, been sitting here for years and I'd never find anyone to barter a trade for 1/2" and 3/4" fittings in a swap.

Everything I'm dealing with is usually 1/2" these days and I like it simple in those ways of keeping inventory on the truck.

What makes no sense is why people come into those scrap yards with absolutely hardly nothing compared to my half bucket of fittings.....and come out less than $10........?

Maybe for wine, cigs, drugs?
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: Sold some copper fittings today

Usually I have brass too when I go in, and it weighs more so I'm pleasantly surprised at what I get. Last time I was in (April) it was 3.20/pd. I know some places pay a little more than others, but I don't generally shop around. Get used to going to the same place I guess. One I went to for years shut their doors recently. They were busier than I'ld ever seen them too the last couple times I'ld been in there. Go figure.

Don't you do any sprinkler VB sets? That's usually all 1"
    sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

I've heard recently all of the commodities including copper are dropping. I'm not sure how true it is but they say it is all tied back to oil.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I have a friend in the recycling business who told me the same thing about prices dropping. Guess I waited to long to recycle my scrap.

Comment

On July 21st I got 2.90 per pound for number 1 and 2.80 for 2. I'll call tomorrow and find out what it is now.

Too bad you didnt have any reefer fittings. I'll buy all those that I can find.

Andy

Comment

3.15 per pound---#1
            3.00 per pound ---#2
            1.75 per pound----yellow brass

Comment

over 50 pounds , price goes up 50 cents per pound

Comment

I am going to have to clean out the garage!!! I have a couple days pay there from some buildings I have demod recently!

Comment

recently i replaced 3 120 gallon storage tanks and all copper--did job in 1-1/2 days with propress and fetched 650$ at the scrap yard---3 tanks, 2,3,4" copper--that was nice!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I changed the A/C unit in my wall 2 weeks ago, paid $125 for a new one, I made $130 by having my buddy that does HVAC Evac the freon then i cut out the coils and sold that to the scrap yard! 85 pounds!!!

Comment

ouch, i have 5- 55 gallon drums overflowing with #1,#2 and brass/ faucets,tail pieces,regulators.

i even have a drum of everpure h300 filters, but i need to gut them to get any real scrap value on the aluminum.

i have a large collection of copper sweat fittings to 6'',

and a decent collection of propress to 4''.

i would love to shave down my copper sweat fitting inventory.

any takers on real clean fittings?

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                        1" and up to 2"

25 pounds netted only $70

I was paid $2.75 per pound for #1 copper

For some reason I thought that was low in comparison to others I've heard.

Anyway, I didn't even think about ebay since I'm wanting the cash now.

I was thinking more around $120 for the take but I was dreaming I suppose. I paid less for the fittings than what I was paid, but it's marginal at best.

I guess I'm telling my sins. Was just curious to know the value when all these years I've done nothing but buy copper fittings, never sell for scrap. I might cash out all my 1" fittings and up because I have no intention of ever using them, been sitting here for years and I'd never find anyone to barter a trade for 1/2" and 3/4" fittings in a swap.

Everything I'm dealing with is usually 1/2" these days and I like it simple in those ways of keeping inventory on the truck.

What makes no sense is why people come into those scrap yards with absolutely hardly nothing compared to my half bucket of fittings.....and come out less than $10........?

Maybe for wine, cigs, drugs?
                        Guaranteed, the day after you scrap 'em the call comes in to repair a leaking main on a 4 bath.

Comment

How is it in the U.S. do you get cash when you sell your scrap to the dealer because in the good old days before the GST came to Aus we were paid cash and no questions asked but now we have to put it through the business books and are taxed on it.

Tony

Comment

???????????????????????????????????????????????? are u talking about

Comment

woooh plumber ,He's an Aussi. He doesn't know our tax laws! Here in the US, All licensed plumbers have been tax exemt since since 2003. All the Young kids are into computers.
                              Our Govt. is begging for Plumbers
                              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                              X