Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reliable, economical commercial toilet?

I want to give a bid for nine toilets. Elongated, two piece tank type. The business caters to different events...reception hall, bar, bingo, conventions etc. They have the old, old high capacity toilets now. I have my reasons for the sale, would like to close with a decent toilet along with price. Any personal suggestions? Thanks.

Re: Reliable, economical commercial toilet?

Pressure tank assisted.

J.C.

Comment

If it means anything to you, all the toilets on the military bases around me are having sloan pressure assists toilets installed.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I like Gerber for commercial tank and bowl. They also make P.A. if you want that as well.

Comment

The pressure assist might be a little over budget. I looked at the Gerber, price seems right. Are they comparable to Mansfiled? I noticed they sell a 2-1/8 trap size at our supply house for under $160 w/o the seat.

Funny, normally I am not a salesman...if it aint broke dont fix it! But nine, old toilets, slower flushing, consuming massive amounts of water, inconvience, breakdowns, compelled me to want to SELL. It would be in the customers best interest (and their customers convience) to have something better.

Comment

i prefer gerber pressure assisted toilets--nice looks and excellent customer service--if ever a problem during 5 year warranty, they send all new rebuild kit , no questions asked

IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE WORKING THERE , DONT INSTALL KOHLER--THEY WILL HATE THE JUNK AND WONT BELIEVE U PUT CRAP IN--I KEEP MY REPUTATION UNTARNISHED BY NOT INSTALLING KOHLER

KOHLER IS JUNK--

Comment

If u dont go with pa toilets, use gerber or eljer---quality and nice flushing and parts are easy to get---unlike kohler

Comment

Which Gerber or Eljer do you prefer? I have installed Kohler Wellworth's in commercial applications without a callback on any. But I don't like other Kohlers.

I encourage pressure assisted on commercial for the idiot factor. You know what I mean.

J.C.

Comment

I have a wellworth in my house. Not commercial...some backwash.

Comment

Agree about idiot factor---i use pretty much all eljer and gerber, i dont prefer any , as they all operate great----my biggest beef with kohler is their special parts that take 3 months to get--i hate kohler.
                    Pa toilet i use most is ultra flush-gerber
                    reg toilet i prefer is viper--gerber

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
                      I want to give a bid for nine toilets. Elongated, two piece tank type. The business caters to different events...reception hall, bar, bingo, conventions etc. They have the old, old high capacity toilets now. I have my reasons for the sale, would like to close with a decent toilet along with price. Any personal suggestions? Thanks.
                      sloan pressure assists toilets or a gerbit toilet.
                      easy to get parts

Comment

TOTO ,Why go less than 3" ?
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I read the review you spoke of. I think the Totos would be a little high. They are nice toilets, thats for sure.

Comment

I must be the odd man out here as i hate pressure assists, in my opinion the plug up more often.

Recently i have been installing quite a few am/std cadet 3's. I haven't had any call backs and they really are a nice W.C

Comment

I put a couple cadet 3's in the elderly ladys house down the street, they love'em!

Comment

Working...
                              X