X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gremlins are at it Again

Looks like somebody else might have benefited from the service of a licensed plumber:

Phoenix Explosion

Re: Gremlins are at it Again

These stories are ever so common, when will they learn?

Comment

obviously never.

Comment

you mean i have to put the TP valve on it

but they leak all the time
        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

YES HE HAD A T&P VALVE;
          BUT PROBABLY PUT A PIPE PLUG IN TO STOP FROM LEAKING ON THE GARAGE FLOOR
          JERRYMAC
          E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
          CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
          FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
          SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

T&P valve probably plugged with buildup, and it never got exercised>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I saw this where the boilers ended up on the other side of the parking lot, along with most of the blocks from the wall. Also saw one on a W/H (30+ years old) where the srv didn't blow, but luckily the plastic bypass stem on the water softener did.
            Flooded the basement, but didn't turn into a rocket. That house was torn down a year later.
            sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

Master plumb, I love that picture ! We may have a few differences , but We're lock step
              About Those Two!
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Seemed like the homeowner was confident that his insurance was going to buy him new everything. Guess an autopsy of the water heater will be needed.

Comment

The PBIZ newsletter linked to another story about it. There seem to be a lot of stupid newspeople who can't get their story straight. There's a short video on the page and the consensus seems to be that there was a gas leak. But at the beginning of the story we find: "A water heater that apparently had its pressure valve shut exploded," leading one to believe that it wasn't a gas problem at all. One now has to wonder just how that pressure valve got "shut."

AZCentral story

Comment

Says it all:

"It appeared that the homeowner and the man renting the house had been trying to fix the water heater, which may have contributed to the heater being launched across Thunderbird Road and landing near a bus stop, Phoenix Fire Captain Sam Richardson said. "

Comment

And I get screamed at for refusing to give advice to people who install or repair their own water heaters...this is why, Navysuit and all you DIYers.
                      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                        Says it all:

"It appeared that the homeowner and the man renting the house had been trying to fix the water heater, which may have contributed to the heater being launched across Thunderbird Road and landing near a bus stop, Phoenix Fire Captain Sam Richardson said. "
                        MAMA SAY'S STUPID IS AS STUPID DOE'S

FOREST GUMP ! ! !
                        JERRYMAC
                        E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                        CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                        FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                        SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
                          The PBIZ newsletter linked to another story about it. There seem to be a lot of stupid newspeople who can't get their story straight. There's a short video on the page and the consensus seems to be that there was a gas leak. But at the beginning of the story we find: "A water heater that apparently had its pressure valve shut exploded," leading one to believe that it wasn't a gas problem at all. One now has to wonder just how that pressure valve got "shut."

AZCentral story
                          The original story had the heater as an electric heater.

SRV leaked, you KNOW they plugged it. Some places have checks built in to their water meters. I found out today after mentioning this article that one municipality around here has checks built in, another plumber found out after replacing a relief valve a few times.
                          sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

Originally posted by boillerman View Post
                            The original story had the heater as an electric heater.

SRV leaked, you KNOW they plugged it. Some places have checks built in to their water meters. I found out today after mentioning this article that one municipality around here has checks built in, another plumber found out after replacing a relief valve a few times.
                            All the newer meters here have them here which is why thermal expansion tanks are required on all water heaters if they are supplied my city water.
                            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

On this link you can see a slideshow of the house.

Comment

Working...
                              X