X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Online plumbing suppliers

LWWS has very competitive prices on import gal, black and brass fittings and nipples, which are the same as the ones your local wholsaler stocks (basically cutting out the middle man, said wholesaler). The trick is ordering enough to qualify for freight free. And, unfortunately, they have a short line, which means you can't get everything you might need from them.

Comment

I use Hodes Co too. But man my kids get P.O.'D when they dont include the candy!

Comment

If it's online, I'm not paying tax. I'm really disgusted with fergusons and am trying to get away from them. Perfect example-they sell brasscraft angle stops with plastic stems, HD(hacker heaven) only sells the brass stem angle stop. I'm not shopping at a place where I buy an inferior product for more money just to say I'm saving the trade.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I never even saw an agle stop with plastic stems!!! What the he77 is the matter with Fergusons. I use their waterworks company for watermain stuff with my father but I would quit using a supply house if they refused to sell proffesional grade material!

Comment

I am ordering almost everything through Plumbmaster catalog company. Sister-company to wolverine brass. They have high-quality service parts for a great price. Their faucets are kind of junky though. I buy my faucets locally through Ferguson.
            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I agree though that for the most part....Ferguson sucks. I buy only fixtures there now. But rarely any service parts, as they are overpriced and usually junk.

Comment

So, when you say Fergeson's you're talking about Fergeson Enterprises, right? Cause we have a Fergeson AND a Ferg Enterprises here, and the Ferg (we call them Ferg Jr) has been known for stocking parts, inclluding heating parts, whereas the Ferg Ent always has to get them out of Chicago.
                sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

No local independents? I give them the knod and usually let them know if they are carrying something I don't want. They'll oftenl make the effort to change or get me what I want at competitive pricing. Most of the time the price is real close. I'll allow them a % higher than the net. I try to support local, and figure it comes full circle occasionally.

J.C.

Comment

I already ordered a catalog Carl. Thanks for the heads up.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

FERGUSON

Comment

Originally posted by boillerman View Post
                        So, when you say Fergeson's you're talking about Fergeson Enterprises, right? Cause we have a Fergeson AND a Ferg Enterprises here, and the Ferg (we call them Ferg Jr) has been known for stocking parts, inclluding heating parts, whereas the Ferg Ent always has to get them out of Chicago.
                        Ferguson enterprises.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                          No local independents? I give them the knod and usually let them know if they are carrying something I don't want. They'll oftenl make the effort to change or get me what I want at competitive pricing. Most of the time the price is real close. I'll allow them a % higher than the net. I try to support local, and figure it comes full circle occasionally.

J.C.
                          I have a local Plumbmaster rep. I'll give you his number if you want...he's a super great guy and will even meet me at my house in the countryside.

Comment

I'm going to start checking my options, online and other local supply houses. I've used Express pipe and supply for a long time. They just went to counter service only no self serve because of theft. I know self service is not the norm but I like it, so now that they're like everyone else I'll be looking.

Having to make more accurate lists will probably make me think about what I need and I'll have to keep a better running list of parts needed. I'll admit getting lazy about lists, just like going to Costco, I'll have a list but walking the aisle I tend to get carried away

Seems like I've been special ordering more lately should just try online anyway.

wookie

Comment

Working...
                            X