Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Navien tankless heaters

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post

I wonder though, in light of the fact that I'm getting more tankless and high efficiency boiler requests than ever, if the stimulus incentives won't maybe change that projection.

A $1500 credit makes a world of difference for those who were deterred by the fat price tag till now.
    $300.00 per tankless on an existing structure. None on anything new. Right?

I've seen some price drops too, but honestly haven't checked in awhile. Good or bad, if the price continues down with incentives, the residential tank may go.

I've installed a few Rinnai & Rheem. No problems. Yet.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoPlumbin View Post
      A source that is no longer with Navien, it's a wait and see.
      Chicago, to enlighten you on this post and your other-

I know the folks at Navien

First, they never had a Canada office so it would be hard to close it.
      Currently the offices are in California & NJ.

I am guessing since Canada was mentioned your info came from the one in charge of Canada that was terminated a month ago, so I'm sure he has an ax to grind.

Regarding Naviens success, anyone that has something to lose such as market share has surely painted a target on Navien's back with the # of units sold this past year rocketing them into a near tie for the # 2 spot.

I believe Navien's future holds alot, I'm aware they quadrupled their office, warehouse space and employment this year, and a rep just told me they will be moving again soon to quadruple their space in Ca, to handle the increased business. It is rumored that some assembly will take place there also. Can you see Navien being the first US assembled tankless, taking all government spec's, I can.

Chicago, you have 10 total posts, over 1/2 are pro Takagi, the rest an attempt to discover info or slam Navien, you list Chicago as where you live, Takagi has an office there, the fired Canada Navien Rep used to work for Takagi.......HHHHmmmmm..............

I currently have a TK-3
      Last edited by Lee H; 01-08-2010, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        $300.00 per tankless on an existing structure. None on anything new. Right?

I've seen some price drops too, but honestly haven't checked in awhile. Good or bad, if the price continues down with incentives, the residential tank may go.

I've installed a few Rinnai & Rheem. No problems. Yet.

J.C.

Nope, you get a third off the price up to $1500 in a tax credit.

Speaking of $300, in my area the gas company adds another $300 rebate atop that in a cash rebate for tankless, making a tankless swapout almost the same price as a regular heater....and, to really seal the deal, the gas co offers interest free loans to finance them - cha ching.

http://www.gasnetworks.com/efficiency/residential.asp

For boilers, my gas co offers $1,000 for anything over 90% AFUE, which means you get as much as $2500 off the price for an install that runs anywhere from $8K to $12K depending on circumstance.

You should take a look into your local gas co, I'm not sure but I suspect this is a Federally funded program, separate from the stimulus.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post

Nope, you get a third off the price up to $1500 in a tax credit.

Speaking of $300, in my area the gas company adds another $300 rebate atop that in a cash rebate for tankless, making a tankless swapout almost the same price as a regular heater....and, to really seal the deal, the gas co offers interest free loans to finance them - cha ching.

http://www.gasnetworks.com/efficiency/residential.asp

For boilers, my gas co offers $1,000 for anything over 90% AFUE, which means you get as much as $2500 off the price for an install that runs anywhere from $8K to $12K depending on circumstance.

You should take a look into your local gas co, I'm not sure but I suspect this is a Federally funded program, separate from the stimulus.
          Now stay with me on this or give any insight if you can.

Why would the gas company promote & fund something that is supposed to be more efficient and result in less gas being sold?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee H View Post

I am guessing since Canada was mentioned your info came from the one in charge of Canada that was terminated a month ago, so I'm sure he has an ax to grind.

Regarding Naviens success, anyone that has something to lose such as market share has surely painted a target on Navien's back with the # of units sold this past year rocketing them into a near tie for the # 2 spot.

I believe Navien's future holds alot, I'm aware they quadrupled their office, warehouse space and employment this year, and a rep just told me they will be moving again soon to quadruple their space in Ca, to handle the increased business. It is rumored that some assembly will take place there also. Can you see Navien being the first US assembled tankless, taking all government spec's, I can.

Stop sniffing the PVC solvents, and I hope you conduct your business with more integrity than you have shown here spreading rumors.

In an attempt to avert a war, I figured as much....but it might be a good idea to ease on the accusation, he was repeating what he was told, not necessarily lying or sniffing glue.

Now is likely the best time in history to be in the high efficiency residential business, like I said..if it were true that Navien were on it's way out, I was certain the stimulus would be enough to alter that.

I can attest, first hand, to the fact that tankless sales are better than ever.

As for Navien, I have high hopes for them, it would be a pleasure to see an American made product take the top slot for a change, cheap foreign goods and workers is killing us, I'm a huge fan of Dan Dimicco for this reason.

Comment

Why would the gas company promote & fund something that is supposed to be more efficient and result in less gas being sold?

J.C.
              I'm fairly certain it's a Federally funded program, but I'd guess there's a number you can call on the website to ask them yourself.

Comment

J.C.
                Maybe they are trying to go green or something.
                Maybe some fear that the nat gas supply will run out one day or something.
                Conservative is in.
                And during the summer around here, gas companies don't make **** off their gas sales anyway. They make money off their delivery fees or whatever.
                And with newer and better insulated homes, their sales during the winter will start declining pretty heavy to.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee H View Post

Stop sniffing the PVC solvents, and I hope you conduct your business with more integrity than you have shown here spreading rumors.

Chicago, you have 10 total posts, over 1/2 are pro Takagi, the rest an attempt to discover info or slam Navien, you list Chicago as where you live, Takagi has an office there, the fired Canada Navien Rep used to work for Takagi.......HHHHmmmmm..............

I have a TK-3, but don't like Takagi's morals anymore
                  Close, AO Smith Rep, now carry Rinnai

Comment

May I suggest to all of you that you keep your unfounded accusations, rumours and suppositions to yourselves...it seems this blog is ripe with misinformation...for the record, the inference that there will be a Navien bankruptcy is absolute non-sense and the source for any such rumour was definitely not from any past or present Navien employee(s).

I would hope this would be a forum to provide assistive information to contractors and homeowners. Experiences, both positive and negative are fair game but the rest of the non-sense here just degrades the entire valve of these postings.

Comment

• Re: Navien tankless heaters

Originally posted by tankless guy View Post
                      May I suggest to all of you that you keep your unfounded accusations, rumours and suppositions to yourselves...it seems this blog is ripe with misinformation...for the record, the inference that there will be a Navien bankruptcy is absolute non-sense and the source for any such rumour was definitely not from any past or present Navien employee(s).

I would hope this would be a forum to provide assistive information to contractors and homeowners. Experiences, both positive and negative are fair game but the rest of the non-sense here just degrades the entire valve of these postings.
                      Stop the "Trolling", calmer heads are prevailing.

Oh yea so you are aware this is a Board and the comments placed in this particular "Thread" are a collection of individual "Posts" .

A blog (a contraction of the term "web log") is a type of website, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order. "Blog" can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog. (wiki)

Navien is still a POS tankless heater Though I will support them once they get more of their bugs worked out.

Comment

Dunno Okie, I'm concerned...maybe "tankless" should leave us an Email address so we can submit posts for his approval before we violate some unknown amendment on restricted free speech.

It's somewhat obvious he's a Navien employee, it's not the approach I'd have taken by attacking the validity of an entire forum or offering sage advice on how members ought express themselves.

If I were him, I might have maybe tackled the misconceptions expressed on this thread, eased on the righteous indignation....maybe even been kind enough to discuss the latest breakthroughs for the unit, or what they've done to improve on it.

Now I find myself wondering what it might be like talking with their tech or customer support, hopefully not argumentative and defiant like my experience with Bosch's, I even stopped buying Buderus when I heard Bosch bought them.

Comment

Navien blew it. Even if they work out their bugs, it is to late. Their customer service left me feeling lacking, the current bugs are a pain to deal with. The units that had the huge temperature swings, I replaced with a Noritz or a Rinnai unit and the home owners are very happy. They even called me and thanked me for removing the Navien unit that was giving them all sorts of troubles.

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                          Stop the "Trolling", calmer heads are prevailing.

Oh yea so you are aware this is a Board and the comments placed in this particular "Thread" are a collection of individual "Posts" .

A blog (a contraction of the term "web log") is a type of website, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order. "Blog" can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog. (wiki)

Navien is still a POS tankless heater Though I will support them once they get more of their bugs worked out.
                          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                          Ron's Facebook
                          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I am very pleased with the Navien customer support and the product , but I know that some people have problems with installs and that is common for (ANY) product .
                            Remember when the electronic ignition came out ??

I'm the Admin on a large forum and this thread

( well the a picture is worth a thousand words )

Comment

We are still talking about Navien Heaters.. Dunno why you think the thread got derailed.

Originally posted by Total View Post
                              I am very pleased with the Navien customer support and the product , but I know that some people have problems with installs and that is common for (ANY) product .
                              Remember when the electronic ignition came out ??

I'm the Admin on a large forum and this thread

( well the a picture is worth a thousand words )

Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                              Ron's Facebook
                              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                                We are still talking about Navien Heaters.. Dunno why you think the thread got derailed.
                                LOL ...

Comment

Working...
                                X