Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Navien tankless heaters

Originally posted by Total View Post
    I am very pleased with the Navien customer support and the product , but I know that some people have problems with installs and that is common for (ANY) product .
    Remember when the electronic ignition came out ??

I'm the Admin on a large forum and this thread

( well the a picture is worth a thousand words )

You do realize you are talking to professional plumbers who install this equipment for a living right???

Glad you are happy with yours but you don't have a clue what some pros have gone through dealing with these jems

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
      You do realize you are talking to professional plumbers who install this equipment for a living right???

Glad you are happy with yours but you don't have a clue what some pros have gone through dealing with these jems
      I have dealt with many so called PRO "cough" plumbers - that have issues with everything and never read the instructions and don't like change ....... I'm a electrical contractor and have seen many of these "tankless waterheaters" in my travels ..
      I'm kept pretty busy since I also teach Electrical at a college (full time) .

I'll just read and when the flaming / bashing get too bad , or depressing . I will stop viewing this forum .....

Comment

I have dealt with many so called PRO "cough" plumbers - that have issues with everything and never read the instructions and don't like change ....... I'm a electrical contractor and have seen many of these "tankless waterheaters" in my travels ..

I'll just read and when the flaming / bashing get too bad , or depressing . I will stop viewing this forum .....
        Well I am a pro, I know how to follow directions, I even took Rinnai's Takagi, and Noritz installation classes along with their service classes. They still fail, if the ones I replaced where only improper installations I would of fixed that issues, but the installs where dead on, they failed or had issues. I replaced them with other brands, no more issues.

Oh another note, we are not flaming or bashing this heater, in our experience with them they are a total piece of crap. That is my opinion and I am sticking to it. I was wondering do you have stocks in Navien?
        Last edited by SewerRatz; 01-08-2010, 10:39 PM.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        Ron's Facebook
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
          Well I am a pro, I know how to follow directions, I even took Rinnai's Takagi, and Noritz installation classes along with their service classes. They still fail, if the ones I replaced where only improper installations I would of fixed that issues, but the installs where dead on, they failed or had issues. I replaced them with other brands, no more issues.

Oh another note, we are not flaming or bashing this heater, in our experience with them they are a total piece of crap. That is my opinion and I am sticking to it. I was wondering do you have stocks in Navien?
          I waiting for that -- LOL -- I do not have stocks in Navien or work in any form for that company . And after posting , it is not fair to paint ALL plumbers with the same brush , I know many very intelligent plumbers , but some you would think they are the first in their family to walk upright. ( but that is the same for every trade )

But that is what makes the world go around .. different people and different ideas .. Hmmm - that is why we have wars , but we can agree to disagree ..

Comment

Rats you caught me.

Comment

Exactly right.

I'd rather see someone from Navien come here and acknowledge what's wrong, then discuss what they're doing to correct it.

Instead, we got someone we can only guess works there come in and insult the forum for speaking up.

Navien is American made and American produced, I want them to succeed, but if they can't take criticism without getting personal, I see a business model that will guaranteeably fail, all the while Japanese and Chinese companies eat that for lunch.

I hope Navien really see's this thread and decides to do the smart thing by addressing the issue's expressed here rather than engaging in petty exchanges.

Again, I WANT them to succeed, but you can't succeed when you refuse to listen to criticism or don't know how to accept product pitfalls and act on them.

I'm sure there's a Takagi, Noritz (who's prices have dropped substantially) or Rheem (now Japanese owned) rep sitting through this and laughing it up, Navien needs to listen if they want to win the market.

I want them to win, it would be a pleasure to finally see "Made in America" on the label of something new and high tech I install.

Comment

Clarifications:
                Navien is not American made; no Tankless gas unit is for that matter.
                Rheem is a Paloma unit and it has always been a jap unit.

Typically manufacturers are not allowed to post on sites like this because of all the misinformation and bashing. Take a lesson from heatinghelp.com, those guys actually get together on occasion and factory guys are in attendance but they don't post.

Comment

I was going to ask, when did Navien become a US made unit? Where does it say that? Last I heard it is Korean made, and always has been.
                  Ron's Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Lee H View Post
                    Clarifications:
                    Navien is not American made; no Tankless gas unit is for that matter.
                    Rheem is a Paloma unit and it has always been a jap unit.

Typically manufacturers are not allowed to post on sites like this because of all the misinformation and bashing. Take a lesson from heatinghelp.com, those guys actually get together on occasion and factory guys are in attendance but they don't post.
                    Can you give me some examples of companies that will not post in professional trade forums about their products??? If you make a statement of that nature please back it up with facts

I'm sure a few may take offense to the trollish statement "take a lesson from heatinghel.com", you should do a bit more reading on these forums or at least learn how to use the search function before you make yet another unqualified generalization...

3 posts and this is impression you are choosing to make? Kinda smells like Navien damage control to me

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                      Can you give me some examples of companies that will not post in professional trade forums about their products??? If you make a statement of that nature please back it up with facts

I'm sure a few may take offense to the trollish statement "take a lesson from heatinghel.com", you should do a bit more reading on these forums or at least learn how to use the search function before you make yet another unqualified generalization...

3 posts and this is impression you are choosing to make? Kinda smells like Navien damage control to me
                      Too funny!
                      If I was I can't see how anything I said could be conceived as damage control.

It might be alot easier to find a manufacturer reply to a problem or complaint and it has to be alot more than who to call and the manufacture poster must list his name and company. I challenge you.
                      Last edited by Lee H; 01-09-2010, 06:59 PM.

Comment

To comment on that it is amazing how many professional installers of Tankless own neither a manometer or an electric meter, both being fundimental to the installation of equipment. We stock the stuff at the counters for a reason but I gather the installation professional prefer to guess?

Comment

To comment on that it is amazing how many professional installers of Tankless own neither a manometer or an electric meter, both being fundimental to the installation of equipment. We stock the stuff at the counters for a reason but I gather the installation professional prefer to guess?
                          Hmm well I owned a manometer and a DVM for well over 20 years now. And guess what.. I know how to use them both.
                          Ron's Facebook

Comment

If this is what you "gather" then you are incorrect. Professionals constantly read, understand instructions, ask questions, and try to improve.

There are some that call themselves professional that aren't quite up to par. Just as there are some water heating products that haven't proven to be as reliable.

J.C.

Comment

Hmm well I owned a manometer and a DVM for well over 20 years now. And guess what.. I know how to use them both.
                              Excellent
                              may I sell you a combustion analyzer? Get ready for the future!

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                                If this is what you "gather" then you are incorrect. Professionals constantly read, understand instructions, ask questions, and try to improve.

There are some that call themselves professional that aren't quite up to par. Just as there are some water heating products that haven't proven to be as reliable.

J.C.
                                Don't take it personal, I don't know you. But it is a fact I've seen 2 person to 20 man shops that can't check inlet gas pressure or set manifold pressure on a furnace.

Comment

Working...
                                X