Ever Spend 2 days in a cat house ? I did

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever Spend 2 days in a cat house ? I did

Just worked for a 77 year old gal who's whole life is cats !! Works at a shelter and has 5 at home. "watch the door, How many MORE trips to Your truck?? They like You ,they're all under Your feet, HE HE . Siemese cats are wacked. Had Son make a new lower raised panel door for a cabinet. Cat destroyed old one! She's watching,but doesn't see the stupid cat EAT one of the steel screws. Hinges have 3 screws. Hope He has a right hand butt! Wait till She gets Her bill tomorrow. Good She's loaded. I,ll take dogs anyday!!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Ever Spend 2 days in a cat house ? I did

Is that what you were busy with today when I called? My phone was pretty garbeled (bad signal coming out of muir beadch).

Greg

Comment

How was the odor.
      She keep the "Johny Cat" clump free and smellin' fresh

Comment

Yes Greg , My Son also built custom garden benches for Her. I added security lights.
        She has a nice clean home. I do glazing and will Quote a lot of new insulated plate glass for Her. Moneys Money
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

HEY, cat lady gave me a fat lil check ! Sorry her lil fur ball got screwed!

Comment

I've had the pleasure of working for not one but TWO cat ladies. One had extra doors put in all over her house so you had to open a door, enter the hall, close the door, check for cats, then open the other one. Even still she had her cats locked on the third floor of her house while I worked there, and I wasn't even allowed on the second floor in case, as a stupid hammer-ape that I am, I forget which stairs led up and which went down and somehow let her cats out.

The other one was worse. She was a real, true to life crazy cat lady. She didn't even know how many she had, they used her kitchen sink as a litter box--yes she had litter in there, and there was a smell so bad I used a respirator. Even still, it hurt your eyes and my girlfriend could smell it on me when I got home. She also had furniture and garbage stacked neck high all through out the house.

Worst of all? She was a nurse in a blood bank! There is no way she went to work without REEKING of cat urine and amonia.

Eli
            A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

I worked for a real cat lady. She had about 4 dozen birds, with surveillance cameras so she could watch the birds in different rooms, even had a time out room for the bad birds. That many birds making noise will give you a bad headache. Her arms and legs were all scratched up, and she took me way up to the top floor to show me her cats. Upstairs in cages she had two, I guess you would call them mountain cats (kind of like a mountain lion, but not quite as big) She carried a big stick into that room and called them every name in the book as she transferred them back and forth between their individual cages and the room itself, which was like a big cage.
              Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Yesterday, while on my back under a sink, I had a big bloodhound decide that my legs looked like a good place to take a nap. Put head down on my leg and all I heard was snoring. He was so big, I had to kick him just so he would get up. The homeowner thought it was cute, "he usually doesn't like people and ends up biting them but he likes you". So why on earth did you have the dog in the house with me? I wanted to ask this but didn't.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I like cats and have had quite a few myself and I really hate working for the cat ladies who don't take care of them. It's not just the blinding ammonia of the dirt-floor basements, but seeing mange and infected eyes and so on really torques me.

I once had eight cats because I hated to spay them. They all died in my arms one after another of the peritonitis that was going around - there was no cure for it at the time.

After that, I decided that one cat was plenty to take care of, feed, and keep healthy. My guy is 16 now and he's sitting next to me watching me type.

Comment

I think I have worked in every possible cat house situation there is.

I have done service calls at the local brothels before. (Prostitution is legal here.)

I have a few customers who have black panthers and lions and tigers on the property. It's a scary feeling having just a little chain link fence between you and an animal that is looking at you like you are lunch.

The most disgusting house I was ever in was a double wide mobile home where the lady was running an indoor cat sanctuary. She had over one hundred cats inside the house. You can only imagine what that house looked like. The guy I was working with at the time told the lady living there that her house was a fire hazard with all the cats. The lady didn't seem to care. The house burned down a week later.

Comment

KIT KAT, MOONLITE,STARLITE,MUSTANG 1 +2 ,so they say

Comment

I was under a house laying on my back working with PVC when a cat kept crawling up on my chest and would just keep touching me on the face with it's nose about every 5 seconds. I politely stopped and put it to the side twice. It came back and I discovered they don't like primer on the nose. Accidents happen.

J.C.
                        Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 08-24-2008, 12:09 AM.

Comment

I vividly remember keeping a jar of mentholatum in my truck for several years. There was this one cat house that I hated and would put a dab under my nose when it was my turn to work there.

What I remember most is the steel furnace return register, which was mounted in the hallway just above the floor board. The bottom third was rotted away from cat urine. Apparently the area on and around the register was a favorite pee spot!

Nasty, just nasty!!
                          spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Working...
                          X