Drilling story screwups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drilling story screwups

Shoulda looked on the other side first!!! I know there's a lot of mistakes out there.
    When Son was an apprentice with Me He drilled through an expensive speaker. I PAID $$$
    Your turn
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Drilling story screwups

While building our house my wife was drilling through wall studs for wire. When she got to one in an awkward position she used her knee to brace herself against, yep you guessed it, the one she was drilling. Right through the 2X4 and into her knee.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

http://www.dumbassdaily.com/2008/04/...nstalling.html

A Deepwater woman died Saturday after being shot in the chest, according to the Henry County Sheriff’s Department. Patsy D. Long, 34, was pronounced dead by Coroner Scott Largent just after 6 p.m.
      Long was shot by her husband Ronald Long outside their home just after 6 p.m., while she was assisting him with the installation of a satellite television system, according to a written statement by the Sheriff’s Department.
      Ronald Long, 39, of 956 SE 1121, Deepwater, told deputies he had made several attempts to punch a hole through the exterior wall of the house, according to the report. When that did not work, Long told deputies he used a .22-caliber handgun to shoot through the wall from inside the home. His second shot hit Patsy Long in the chest, the report stated.
      Deputies are still investigating the death, and “Once we complete a diagram of the incident, we will be submitting everything to the prosecuting attorney and let him decide if he wants to press criminal charges,” said Major Robert Hills, of the Henry County Sheriff’s Department.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
        While building our house my wife was drilling through wall studs for wire. When she got to one in an awkward position she used her knee to brace herself against, yep you guessed it, the one she was drilling. Right through the 2X4 and into her knee.
        Now you know that had to hurt like hell. I hope she recovered and is able to walk OK now.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
          http://www.dumbassdaily.com/2008/04/...nstalling.html

A Deepwater woman died Saturday after being shot in the chest, according to the Henry County Sheriff’s Department. Patsy D. Long, 34, was pronounced dead by Coroner Scott he wants to press criminal charges,” said Major Robert Hills, of the Henry County Sheriff’s Department.
          This is the one, that hurt like hell
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Drilling 2x12s up in joist bay, with hole hog. You guessed it,hit knot [ hard as a hoar's heart]
            got hit soo hard, almost fell of latter. Said "now I have an idea, what it's like to be hit by Mike Tyson!!

Comment

a friend of mine many years ago was installing an alarm on a vw bug.

as he drilled from behind the dash into the firewall, he struck it rich

he drilled a hole in the gas tank

remember, measure twice and drill once

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=vCcoz9WuIq4
                Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                attributed to Samuel Johnson
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Had an electricians apprentice drill through my 3" vent over a top plate. I had just put the test on and was walking out with the tools. He got drownded, said he was sorry. I told him "just get the f*** out of the way so I can fix this."

J.C.

Comment

While doing a remodel on a hotel, we had to drill a few holes through a post tension slab. GC didn't want to spend money on x-rays, so they drilled a few small holes assuming they'd be able to miss any cables or at least find them without damage. It worked for the post tension cables. However, the conduit that handled the freight elevator's power didn't fare so well. Penny wise, pound foolish.

Comment

The painters pushed the fridge back into it's alcove while I was outside running pipe down wall for I/M line.After I drilled through the wall from there I heard hissing.I couldn't figure how I hit water in this wall.I ran inside to find I had nicked fridge's freon line.No big deal 1970's olive colored fridge was on its way out to make room for the new.

A few years ago I lagged a water heater strap into 220 feed.Strap had spun to provide ground on gas stub.I Thank the good lord it didn't find it's way through me.

Comment

In my early stupid days, I drilled a 4 1/8" dryer vent hole from the top of a fully extended 40 foot extension ladder. I'm not particularly afraid of heights (it's the crawl areas that get me) but I get shivers still thinking about that. Don't know what I was thinking. Probably trying to impress someone with the limits or lack thereof of my stupidity.
                        sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

I've told this story more than a couple times here hoping it would help youngsters comin' up to know it can happen to you.

I was drilling down through the top plate with my arms twisted around and through trusses and conduit.I drew the running 2-9/16" bit back to clear some shavings(I always drill on 1200 with sharp bits).The bit bounced off the shear panel and caught my flannel(can anyone say loose clothing).Because of my contorted position I couldn't let go of the trigger as the bit bore down the flannel into the inside my wrist.
                          Twenty nine stitches and the good lord once again interviened and let me keep full use of my veins and ligaments.The doctor was moving my fingers with those exposed white strings.When people see the scar running down my wrist they give funny looks,cause if you're gunna slit your wrists right this is the correct direction.
                          When I would go to the pokey sometimes they would put an extra set of eyes on me for a short time

People are funny.

Comment

Witnessed a plumber's apprentice drill a hose bibb through the inside of a concrete laundry tub, from the outside concrete wall.

And to top it off, he still connected it to the water supply thinking nobody would care!

Homeowner was very upset. It was a 3 bay concrete tub, those real old ones that some like, a lot.
                            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Good story Adam. Bet the pokey boys thought they had heard it all. "No really guys, I did it with the Hole Hawg." Surprised they didn't take your shoe strings.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X