Cheap, cheap, cheap....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cheap, cheap, cheap....

Well wonders never cease. The company that owns that building had the company we work for get a quote from us to fix it. I told the boss to dig it out of last years and add 10%. Not too upset with us anyway.
    sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

Wrench ,funny when the heats off in Jan. DIY , don't screw with the boilers! Next winter
      Hit the plum. dept.at HD and ask 20 Questions on Your Berman boiler controls. Then report back. Even better,have a bud secretly film it for U,TUBIN
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
        Wrench ,funny when the heats off in Jan. DIY , don't screw with the boilers! Next winter
        Hit the plum. dept.at HD and ask 20 Questions on Your Berman boiler controls. Then report back. Even better,have a bud secretly film it for U,TUBIN
        You my friend are a bad influence on me.... NOW i have something to do tonite

Comment

I think anyone can do this kind of work. All it takes is time and money. As long as you don't run out of either, you can build/roof/plumb/wire/burn down your own house and build it again without ever picking up the phone.

Its not really the physical aspect of (insert trade here) that's the hard part. I mean, you break your back to learn it, but how long would it take you to "figure it out" if you hadn't had an apprentice program and class time, and even after that you really weren't that good. Anybody here remember the first time they patched drywall? Was it before or after you said "OH ****!"

Anybody can do it. What they don't tell you is that not everybody can do it for a living. The hard part is making money.

Comment

NhMatt ,see ya next sat at My yard for Your 6 G pipe test with a restrictor ring.

Hit H. Depot tonight for a lincoln Buzz box. You've got a week to practice PAL .
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Had a Smart a$$ Landlord call me today He asked me to come snake his main line ... Then he wanted me to "Throw in" the kitchen line I said I'll come back Monday ... Different machine ... (more $$$) Can't you use that one He points to my 1 1/4" sectional machine I said Ahhhh NO ... 2" line several Horizontal 90's The landlord acted like they could do all the " Little stuff" I put it back on him and he back pedals so fast it's hilarious ...

All said and Done he has a cracked CI Line under the slab ...LOL
              I said demo the floor ... LOL Tennant's in house water running out of the wall ...

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                NhMatt ,see ya next sat at My yard for Your 6 G pipe test with a restrictor ring.

Hit H. Depot tonight for a lincoln Buzz box. You've got a week to practice PAL .

I think there's a difference between a befuddled homeowner who bought the wrong toilet, a cheap landloard/contractor who tries to get you to fix things for free "while you're here", and heavy commercial/industrial work that is certified, x-rayed, tested and signed by the workman. I've got a friend who's a vice president for Fidelity who needed my help installing a washing machine. Every man to his trade I guess. Brave new world.

After I ace your welding test, we'll pull out my linesman's hooks and do a couple flying hitches in Feb, maybe even balance the return on that node amp, and I'll ask your opinion on a couple composite tripple beat spectrograms that don't match the engineering specs on that new build out. I think its the non-matching tap plates but what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by nhmatt View Post
                  I think there's a difference between a befuddled homeowner who bought the wrong toilet, a cheap landloard/contractor who tries to get you to fix things for free "while you're here", and heavy commercial/industrial work that is certified, x-rayed, tested and signed by the workman. I've got a friend who's a vice president for Fidelity who needed my help installing a washing machine. Every man to his trade I guess. Brave new world.

After I ace your welding test, we'll pull out my linesman's hooks and do a couple flying hitches in Feb, maybe even balance the return on that node amp, and I'll ask your opinion on a couple composite tripple beat spectrograms that don't match the engineering specs on that new build out. I think its the non-matching tap plates but what do you think?
                  You're ON ! Gota pass the Xray Ist. Remember, The 3/32 root pass is most important

Comment

Working...
                  X