X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shower valve

I have a shower valve question/problem. My valves (hot & cold) have started dripping like they will need to be rebuilt in the near future, that is not a big deal. What confuses me is the shower valve, I have good water flow/pressure into the tub from the faucet but when I divert it to the showerhead the flow goes trickle, this just started this morning. Has anyone else had to deal with this type of problem? Anything in particular to look for when I pull the valves to replace or rebuild them? Thanks for the help.
    Confused & Soapy
    JJC

The first thing I would do is take off your shower head and see if something isn't clogging it. Another possibility is that the ports on the head are limed up and need to be cleaned. Soaking the shower head in vinigar overnight will clean them out.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

take off the shower head and clean out the shreded bits of rubber from your valve seals that are now lodged in the shower head filter screen

Comment

Again thanks for the help. I pulled the shower head and looked for debris, calcium deposits etc. there weren't any, so I turned the water on full blast and POP out shoots another filter screen. This one was apparently in the extension piece from the wall to the shower head, I never knew it was there until it came flying out when I turned the water on. Anyhow I have a working shower again.
        Thanks,
        JJC

Comment

Working...
        X