X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swedge-Lock fittings

Don't know if that is the correct spelling but anyone have experience with these types of fittings?

I'm having major problems today with my 1/8" and 3/8" lines blowing out of my connections which are push-fit (junk john guest) and I'm seriously considering the switch to compression to make them hold.

I'm dealing with .5 gpm high pressure pumps, averaging between 500-1500psi.

I need flexibility in these lines, can't hard pipe which I can't get around.

I'm coming off 1/2" from my stainless steel rings, I can bring it down to whatever I need.

If it wasn't for these lines consistently blowing, my product would be operating error free.

Another strike against plastic. Nothing I'm using in brass or stainless steel is failing.

Anyone have any good links to swedge-lock fittings?
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: Swedge-Lock fittings

sorry, i thought you were talking about rigging type of Swage/Nico Press.

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

http://www.swagelok.com/search/find_...spx?RESET=TRUE

http://www.swagelok.com/distributors...true&LangCD=EN Ohio

http://www.swagelok.com/distributors...true&LangCD=EN Kentucky

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
        Don't know if that is the correct spelling but anyone have experience with these types of fittings?

I'm having major problems today with my 1/8" and 3/8" lines blowing out of my connections which are push-fit (junk john guest) and I'm seriously considering the switch to compression to make them hold.

I'm dealing with .5 gpm high pressure pumps, averaging between 500-1500psi.

I need flexibility in these lines, can't hard pipe which I can't get around.

I'm coming off 1/2" from my stainless steel rings, I can bring it down to whatever I need.

If it wasn't for these lines consistently blowing, my product would be operating error free.

Another strike against plastic. Nothing I'm using in brass or stainless steel is failing.

Anyone have any good links to swedge-lock fittings?
        Dunbar I'm not so sure compression will hold at 500 to 1500 PSI. Of course I only care if what I use will hold a 100 Psi air test. I bet Pipe fitters will know what would work best for you

Comment

You can get Swagelok fittings that will take 1500 psi no problem.

Sounds like you want something flexible but can withstand high pressure. Look at the line of Swagelok flex hoses available in SS and other materials.

All my Swagelok and Parker catalogs are at work, but I might have an old one around here or a catalog on CD. Let me dig through the archives a bit :-)

Here's their catalog for flex hoses:
          http://www.swagelok.com/downloads/we.../MS-01-167.PDF

We buy the FM series hoses all the time and use them for 3000 psig.

What size do you need, 1/4" or larger? They are available with MPT or Swagelok at either end, or both.
          Last edited by Bob D.; 08-30-2008, 08:35 PM.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Thanks for all the helpful posts and links, I appreciate it.

When I put this all together in pricing, I'm betting these will run at least $50-$100 a piece for a 18" or 24" braided line, but it's worth it.

You figure in a rental situation, equipment failure even if they got 7.5 hours use out of a 8 hour and it breaks that last half hour, they are going to want half off or more, stains the rental experience totally.

Out of the entire setup, these plastic lines are my problem right now and once I eliminate this I should have an almost worry-free setup.

My one piece equipment had problems where the football players needed it most. The rest worked without error the entire day, just that one.

I need a 100 of these lines for starters.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Louisville Fluid System Technologies
              Main Office
              11633 Deerfield Road
              Cincinnati, OH 45242
              Phone: 502-499-1121
              Fax: 502-499-1166

Cincinnati Valve & Fitting Co.
              11633 Deerfield Road
              Cincinnati, OH 45242