Rules for employees or helpers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rules for employees or helpers

The production of soap boxes must of went up 10% after reading this thread.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

If there is a chain of command, follow it.

Smoking should not decrease production for any reason. And don't smoke in someone elses property/business.

Talking should not decrease production.

Always be doing something. Drilling, straightening up, cleaning the next pipe, etc. There's always something to do.

If someones helping me, I invite their opinion. I learn something or they do. Yes, I know the right way and the 10 wrong ways but it's impossible to know everything. Once in awhile someone can make you see something in a totally different way that might be much better. Then you learn. And when they suggest the wrong ways you can tell them why they can't do it that way. Then they learn.

I try to lead by example. I don't ask anything of anyone that I won't do myself. Just because someone is the apprentice doesn't mean I shouldn't grab the heavy end if I can safely handle it.

It's everybody's fault. Now correct the problem.

Don't lie, period.

Learn to accept blame.

Always try to improve the product and the process.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

Learn to accept blame.
        These two are great and not often heard. When something goes wrong at work, everyone's got an excuse on why they weren't at fault.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          If there is a chain of command, follow it.

Smoking should not decrease production for any reason. And don't smoke in someone elses property/business.

Talking should not decrease production.

Always be doing something. Drilling, straightening up, cleaning the next pipe, etc. There's always something to do.

If someones helping me, I invite their opinion. I learn something or they do. Yes, I know the right way and the 10 wrong ways but it's impossible to know everything. Once in awhile someone can make you see something in a totally different way that might be much better. Then you learn. And when they suggest the wrong ways you can tell them why they can't do it that way. Then they learn.

I try to lead by example. I don't ask anything of anyone that I won't do myself. Just because someone is the apprentice doesn't mean I shouldn't grab the heavy end if I can safely handle it.

Don't lie, period.

Learn to accept blame.

Always try to improve the product and the process.

J.C.
          What he said
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Working...
          X