• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Interesting to me.

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Conquered yet Tim?

J.C.
    Heck no! I went out to put the kit in after letting that allen screw soak in penetrant. Then I heated it. It won't budge (the faucet has been leaking around the stem for a long time so I'm sure I'll have to drill the allen screw out.) I didn't want to drill that screw without a new stem in hand just in case things go wrong (as they sometimes seem to do.)
    I found one online at Locke plbg. I'll order it tomorrow and keep you posted of the repair.. Thanks for asking. I had just about put it out of my mind!
    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Now if I could only find out about Carls tranny on this little plumbing Soap Opera.

J.C.

Comment

Now if I could only find out about Carls tranny on this little plumbing Soap Opera.

J.C.

Let me assure you in advance. The tranny's good, flat rate is better!
        "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah this is it. The forum probably has some sort of "automatic rollout" of pics to make room. Here are the valve parts I know about. Not a good rebuild step by step or anything. Just the parts.

Is this it?

J.C.
          A/S push pull basin faucet? I have one to do tommorrow night

Comment

This was a Push/Pull A/S T/S valve. Don't see many here.

J.C.

Comment

Not too many here either, most buildings have been remodeled, I have only worked on about 1/2 a dozen of them the only reason i remembered was because i just picked up the parts today.

Comment

The spring parts & the seal they make "seems" fragile to me but I have to say that I was surprised how well it works after rebuilding. I was expecting to rebuild it, have it leak, then tear it all out but....

No callbacks.

J.C.

Comment

I have found that the older a/s stuff is engineered A LOT better than the new stuff. I have really no worries with the one I have to do tommorrow feel pretty good about it, the moen shower rebuild has me worried more.... no joke, the problem with this one is the cartridge is siezed up and the pipes in the wall dont seem to be strapped as well as i would like

Comment

I know what that means.

Feet on the wall with Channellocks with alot of curse words.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                    X