Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So where do we draw the line

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    Good idea, let us know what his screen name is so we can bump the price up.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Good idea, let us know what his screen name is so we can bump the price up.
      You just got me in trouble cause I laughed so loud!
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

This would be the best practical joke ever. We should do it but delete the thread before he finds out.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          This would be the best practical joke ever. We should do it but delete the thread before he finds out.

J.C.
          It's no secret. I threaten all the time. His ebay purchases have significantly dropped. I see a direct correlation
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

This plan might just get you a g17 classification, Joey. Explore further, start with one of his locaters or a jetter. I won't bid on it, promise.(wink, wink)
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

So just as a question when you guys ask what advertising works or for someone to identify a stem are you not asking advice from someone who makes his living at what he does? I can see not wanting to give advice on something above someones ability but I certainly hope those who are against giving advice are also against receiving or asking advice.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

This plan might just get you a g17 classification, Joey. Explore further, start with one of his locaters or a jetter. I won't bid on it, promise.(wink, wink)
                You know where to find us. We'll make you a private off line deal. You know Rick has what I call "extra" and he calls "back up"
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                  You know where to find us. We'll make you a private off line deal. You know Rick has what I call "extra" and he calls "back up"
                  Don't toy with my emotions. I'll dream of locators dancing around my truck tonight.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

If I had Rick's tools I would throw mine away.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Don't toy with my emotions. I'll dream of locators dancing around my truck tonight.
                      Call us tomorrow. We'll make your dreams come true
                      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

i'll ignore the current ebay discussion

i've always supported the ridgid forum and the fact that both plumbers and homeowners come here for help.

i typically don't waste my time on long winded post from people that can never do it in the first place.

i do use some discretion and i do turn some away. but i do have a heart to help the ones that need it. sure, we've all been burned, but we've all helped out the ones that needed the help, including other plumbers.

like i've stated many, many times. if you don't want to help, then stay away from the thread or the forum. there are plenty of forums that are private for plumbers only. funny part is that although they might be for pros only, anyone can view the post and that forum

what amazes me more is that there are plenty of plumbers here that are members of both forums. sure some like to share info with non plumbers and others don't. why bother being on both forums if you're not willing to share

i guess this will go on and on. debate it all you want, but remember that the ridgid forum has always been an open forum to both pros and homeowners.

without the interaction of the public, the forum would get old and non challenging, non thinking. just think about it

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                          I think he has extra backups!
                          The Other Rick

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                            So just as a question when you guys ask what advertising works or for someone to identify a stem are you not asking advice from someone who makes his living at what he does? I can see not wanting to give advice on something above someones ability but I certainly hope those who are against giving advice are also against receiving or asking advice.Mark
                            Mark, - when we go to a supply house looking for a stem - we buy it from them. We don't use them to identify it, sneak back to the office, look it up online and buy from a cheaper supplier. If I ask a business question (advertising), I am willing to give back and say what has worked for us. Its about the give and take.

Plumbing simple - YES - if you know what you are doing. Installing a faucet easy? Tell that to our customer who tried to install his own and a supply let loose while he was at work. Flooded his first floor. Apparently not so easy and very costly for him.

Comment

Ridgid is a profitable enterprise.
                              It's website, of course, is a marketing tool for the sake thereof.

I don't think I have ever asked a technical question here, for that matter I can't recall asking on any forum.
                              I do my homework, look in my code book, call mfg's & suppliers or research online at MFG websites.

For years Ridgid was known to professional plumbers as the tool for pro's, you had to buy them at a supplier, they weren't like Black and Decker or Sears.

A simple walk through Home Depot clarifies the audience Ridgid is marketing now.

Asserting a lack of desire to aid in DIY questions means the individual should seek other sites is silly.

Would this mean it's now a prerequisite to be a member that we're obligated to offer free DIY info?
                              What if doing so is illegal in a given state or jurisdiction?

To some, it might seem silly when I made a stink over a simple closet stop replacement.
                              The point I'm making is that the internet is inundated with hundreds of sites that are crammed full of these requests daily.

One simple question answered per day won't hurt anyone.

10,000 per day overall will affect your trade as a whole.

I find myself wondering...Ridgid made it's "reputation" through being a professional plumbers tool of choice, yet now markets itself to the DIY audience.

I have to wonder.
                              Last edited by DuckButter; 09-03-2008, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Politically, since some states don't allow it, I believe a homeowner should be allowed to replace a p-trap, angle stop, or supply line.

I have a problem when someone does something that may endanger my health, or someone elses. How many times have I seen DIY install of toilet fill valves below the overflow tube, and overflow tubes above the trip lever opening?

I have a problem with anything that may cause a cross connection, or CO/explosion problems.

I'm part of both terry love's site and this. I don't post much anymore on either site for differant reasons, although I'm at both every day.

there was a discussion awhile ago about having a professional plumbing forum and a separate "Ask the Plumber" forum. It seems we got what we wanted but, those who don't want to help can't keep their noses out.
                                Brent

Comment

Working...
                                X