Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

4" SHARKBITES ??? Is this only Ca.???????

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4" SHARKBITES ??? Is this only Ca.???????

For D.W.V. Up to 4"? ABC AND PVC. This is crazy !!!!!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: 4" SHARKBITES ??? Is this only Ca.???????

tool, do you know something you're not sharing with us

years ago we installed thousands of abs expansion joints that were designed to allow 2'' + or - of movement. they were basically a pipe within a pipe with a greased up o-ring seal.

i have not heard of any issues and this was back in 1981 when i started new construction.

now when you think about it. the mechanical joints we can use on hdpe gas piping is nothing more than a fancy sharkbite coupling. even the gas company uses them.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

To hell with the DIY'r debacle,

this constant dumbing down of the materials we use will be the end all if anything.

A push-fit here, snap together there, crimp up and pull tab and you're doing a plumber's job.

Sad.

I could see myself as a foreigner, being put on a new construction job running water lines the same exact way they do mobile homes,

and the guy coming home saying he's a plumber. Get my drift?

Between the gas and water lines in my area dealing with new construction, this is becoming the "string it up and go" industry with the exception of PVC, which of course will go to push-fit connections.

Why? Because they'll outlaw all uses of PVC Glues and Cleaners eventually.

If they can outlaw an almost extinct lead applications, VOC's will be the next inline idea shot down.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        years ago we installed thousands of abs expansion joints that were designed to allow 2'' + or - of movement. they were basically a pipe within a pipe with a greased up o-ring seal.
        Not allowed for IPC.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

All this junk pipe makes me think of Romex. Funny, but it hasn't put electricians out of business. Heck, you don't even need a soldering iron - anybody can screw on a wire nut. So how come electricians always seem to make more money than plumbers . . ?

Comment

Codes change Ben.
            Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
              All this junk pipe makes me think of Romex. Funny, but it hasn't put electricians out of business. Heck, you don't even need a soldering iron - anybody can screw on a wire nut. So how come electricians always seem to make more money than plumbers . . ?
              Plumbers make more than electricians here

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
                Codes change Ben.
                Not really in this case, the difference is that Rick is under UPC and I'm under IPC.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I went on a job once with 4 union electricians sitting down playing cards becasue a panel came prewired and it was THEIR job to wire it so the time it would take them to wirte the panel they pent playing cards!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                    Same here.

Comment

OK,I was bored this morn before work. You East coast Bums let Me down!!
                      I was hoping You'd be spitting Nails on this one! I think God has punished Me for My foolishness. ROOTS ARE BACK. 7:30 PM and I have to fire UP the MAXI ROOTER
                      The kind of machine JOHN WAYNE Would'a used.
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                        They used to out here.Now that the money's drying up they're crying like little babies.Service plumbers are blowing right by them with forty hours or more.

Hey,I just thought about it.The plumbing outfit down the street from me has been driving there 10-15 trucks past my house non-stop all day throughout this recession.And they just bought a Chevy HHR panel truck.They don't seem to be having a problem servicing the community.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                          OK,I was bored this morn before work. You East coast Bums let Me down!!
                          I was hoping You'd be spitting Nails on this one! I think God has punished Me for My foolishness. ROOTS ARE BACK. 7:30 PM and I have to fire UP the MAXI ROOTER
                          The kind of machine JOHN WAYNE Would'a used.
                          You dope, you're confusing Sharkbites with expansion couplings.

I was gonna let this thread go on and on and on, but I figured I'd show some mercy.

Here their actually required every 20 feet to accomodate the 3/8" expansion @ 100 degree's per ten foot on PVC, OR expansion loops (yeah it could happen).

Comment

Originally posted by herk View Post
                            all this junk pipe makes me think of romex. Funny, but it hasn't put electricians out of business. Heck, you don't even need a soldering iron - anybody can screw on a wire nut. So how come electricians always seem to make more money than plumbers . . ?
                            because they work harder and stay a hexx of a lot cleaner ! !
                            JERRYMAC
                            E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                            CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                            FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                            SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                              You dope, you're confusing Sharkbites with expansion couplings.

I was gonna let this thread go on and on and on, but I figured I'd show some mercy.

Here their actually required every 20 feet to accomodate the 3/8" expansion @ 100 degree's per ten foot on PVC, OR expansion loops (yeah it could happen).
                              Not sure if I've seen this. I was taught to have the pipe go in a squiggly motion(english escapes me) touching both sides of the trench rather than go in a straight shot. But this is a navy teaching so who knows how much wrong stuff I have up there in my head.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X