Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you're too into plumbing when...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You know you're too into plumbing when...

you stay at a hotel overnight for license testing and have to get the toilet auger out and snake the toilet in the room and repair the same toilet that wont stop running---after 15 minutes of sitting and hearing the toilet run,i could not just ignore it

then at checkout, leaving my card and telling them i fixed the toilet and snaked it to

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
      you stay at a hotel overnight for license testing and have to get the toilet auger out and snake the toilet in the room and repair the same toilet that wont stop running---after 15 minutes of sitting and hearing the toilet run,i could not just ignore it

then at checkout, leaving my card and telling them i fixed the toilet and snaked it to
      Pretty cool. Kinda' like Batman that leaves a card. Do they shine a pipewrench shadow on the clouds when they need you?

J.C.

Comment

still workin out the pipe wrench in the clouds deal---lookin out 4 my best interests!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

you're on a first date (with joey) and she needs to find a bathroom.

i look up at the exposed plumbing in the parking garage and point her towards the womens room mens had a urinal drop, while womens had an extra bowl

i guess that impressed her as that was 7 years ago

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Even though you work with plumbers everyday, you are already looking forward to next September's vacation to spend time with another bunch of plumbers to talk about plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              you're on a first date (with joey) and she needs to find a bathroom.

i look up at the exposed plumbing in the parking garage and point her towards the womens room mens had a urinal drop, while womens had an extra bowl

i guess that impressed her as that was 7 years ago

rick.
              Joey was your 1st (and last) date?!!
              "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                I have been having some plumbing dreams lately. Its kind of sick really how obsessive this trade can become. I am just hoping that the plumbing god rewards me with an early retirement for all my years of devout service. $$$
                I hate to break this to you but the plumbing god only rewards t&m plumbers.
                "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

You're too into plumbing when....

You wear your work shirt with your logo on it everywhere, not because you're fishing for business, but because you're proud to be a plumber.

You may have been installing water heaters (or faucets, or toilets, etc..) for 35 years but you still are looking for ways to do it better.

Your friends won't invite you over anymore because the first thing you do is look under their sinks and in their toilets-and you're not shy about commentary on them.

Your friends won't invite you over anymore because you might start talking (again) about your nastiest plumbing job.

Your friends won't invite you over anymore because you always wear that stupid work shirt with your logo.

You don't have any more friends.

Comment

....you drive around town and through various neighborhoods with your family or friends and you have to mention how you repaired, installed or cleaned a drain in every house you've done work in.

It doesn't matter if the person you are riding with is in the middle of a sentence or not, you just blurt it out like it is the most important thing in the world.

It's funny how you remember every detail about each job too!
                    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

You warn strangers about the national box truck thieves. Suggest a little honest , local Guy
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Unfortunately this is me this (my, long)weekend...
                        You might be a plumber... if you fly 1400 miles back home to visit relatives and have four service calls( for old customers) to fit in along the way.
                        My Wife is gona hate me!
                        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy
                          I have been having some plumbing dreams lately
                          Then you're not too into plumbing. You know you're too into plumbing when you wake up more tired from doing plumbing in your sleep than you are from doing it during the day.

Comment

You're too into plumbing when...

Everyone else averts their gaze but you stare because all you see is $$$$ floating in the toilet.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                              You've got about 20 Wax Seals in the fridge to keep them from melting in the truck in the summer.

How do you know you're too into plumbing or have been doing it too long....?

J.C.
                              Your 4 year old son knows more fitting names then his ABC'S OR Colors

( Yea, I am teaching him young )

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                                Your 4 year old son knows more fitting names then his ABC'S OR Colors

( Yea, I am teaching him young )

Where in the heck have you been? Nice to see you back.

Mark
                                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                                X