X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am done with Mansfield toilets!!!

This thread is directly related to the "asinine" thread the other day. Anyway, I install the two Mansfield Summit 3 toilets. The first one has a leak in the rear tank to bowl nut. Simple, loosen it up retighten, leak stops. Second toilet, leak between the wafer and tank. Drain, disassemble, clean wafer, check for splits, rips etc. Install again, leaks, same area. Take apart, tighten huge nut for flush valve, install, leaks again. Ok, bad tank. Today, install new tank...fills fine, does not leak. Woohooo...it wont fill when flushed. Monkey with fill valve, no luck. Drain, take out bad one, pull "good" one off of leaky tank...all set.

I am impressed....

I will take resposibility for the first leak.

No way in heck am I going to install these again. Never, ever had a problem with Kohler or American Standard. Back to shopping.

Re: I am done with Mansfield toilets!!!

You are buying the wrong type of Mansfield toilets. I swear the ones that they sell at Menards are a different manufacturer than the Mansfields available at plumbing suppliers. I have installed over 500 Altos with hardly a problem.
    Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

I am proud to say I have never supplied and installed a mansfield and will die a happy man if I never do. Right now my number one selling toilet is the new cadet 3

Comment

I have put in a couple Cadet 3 toilets...I may go exclusive.

Comment

I am putting on in at my house next week!! Cadet 3 that is!

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
            You are buying the wrong type of Mansfield toilets. I swear the ones that they sell at Menards are a different manufacturer than the Mansfields available at plumbing suppliers. I have installed over 500 Altos with hardly a problem.

I agree that the box store toilets are different. Maybe they have a consumer grade and a professional grade like many faucet companies do.

I like the Altos as well. I always tighten things to be sure it was done from the factory on every toilet I install...mansfield or otherwise.
            www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

I dont see a difference. Cant imagine there are different furnaces in Mexico...one for homeowner installs, the other for the professionals. I have installed Mansfield in commercial and roughly 10% have some sort of leak or issue. To me, this was a product line (Summit 3) I have not installed-not anymore!

Comment

I also can't see 2 different ovens or production lines, But they may ship the visibly better ones to suppliers.

Comment

I would never install an American Standard, Crane, Briggs unless it was customer supplied. NEVER EVER EVER!!
                  Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
                    I would never install an American Standard, Crane, Briggs unless it was customer supplied. NEVER EVER EVER!!
                    I suspect you meant you'd never install any, not without a license.

Comment

I bought "mansfield summit 3" from Menards for $160 toilet and tank-installed per instructions and from experience of installing tens of toilets thru the years-foam spud gasket(not very firm black foam rubber) and tankbolt kit---(3) nuts (3)gaskets(tank washers) (3)bolts and (3)steel washers-put rubber washers on bolts-attach spud gasket-set tank on bowl,line up holes-insert bolts with rubber washers between tank and bolt head-underside of toilet base insert steel washers onto bolts then locknuts -tighten till snug(tank to bowl) and no movement also washers in tank squished enough to seal-

SEEPAGE AROUND SPUD GASKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REMOVE TANK GO BACK TO MENARDS(WASTE 1 MORE HOUR IN WHOLE PROCESS) EXCHANGE FOR NEW TANK
                      reinstall -no seepage around spud-but- REAR BOLT SEEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      this is chapping my hide!!!
                      never had this happen(also split locknut on 1/4" compression fitting from menards-cheap brass-water on floor)this is a big waste of time-too much stress other things need doing(hang kitchen cabinets)for me to waste my time-these big box stores do not reimburse me for my wasted time!
                      getting tired!
                      anywho i think the (spud)gasket material is cheap and the bolt gaskets are sloppy and not thick enough-and the tank's innards are really rough! chinese not attending to detail(or is it mexicans?) i think the glazing inside the toilet tank is crapulous !-standards are lowered with globalization!
                      cannot find a three inch flush tank gasket to replace cheapo spud gasket-i think i will put some oatey great blue on the bolts and gaskets and hope for the best -do not know what else to do -(thank god bath floor is sealed) if i was working on someone elses home i would have lost money or been fired from job for letting something like this happen-lucky its my own house-ARE MANSFIELD TOILETS JUNK???????????????????????????????
                      trying not to get too mad -but--- im chapped!!!
                      spud out

Comment

What part of TOTO don't You Guys understand ????
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                          What part of TOTO don't You Guys understand ????

The $$$$$ part.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
                            The $$$$$ part.

that's the best part
                            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I prefer toto but cadet 3 is also a good call.
                              Don't have menards around here, is it a proper plumbing wholesale or a big box store?

Comment

Working...
                              X