• 40 year old DWV lines

Started pulling lines and look what I find 40 years of use

Re: 40 year old DWV lines

Shut er down Virgil!

She's pumpin' mud!
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

That is not to far from true... the sludge has the consistency of clay....

Comment

EWWWWWW looks like grey ice cream! Something tells me this is going to turn intoa k-60 vs. k-7500 thread!

Comment

5/8 cable would've handled this easy. Bioclean might have also been a good idea.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

How dirty are these people using that shower?

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              5/8 cable would've handled this easy. Bioclean might have also been a good idea.
              Regarding a point I made with you recently, the picture of the cross section shows what I was saying regarding a bulb auger...I just don't see that type head clearing a substantial amount of that goo.

Bee's still buzzin' in the ole bonnet, just observing meanwhile.

Comment

For that Mark, you would need the 4 bladed cutter. But you could just get a 3/8 cable and you would be covered for a situation like this. A 5/16 cable w/ bulb auger will cover you for most 2" and under lines. The same gun will run both cables.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Who makes 4 bladed cutters for general and ridgid?????
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Ridgid the 3/8" cable is C4 or C6 and the 4bladed cutters are T-213, 214,215.
                    Last edited by gear junkie; 09-13-2008, 10:46 AM.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                      EWWWWWW looks like grey ice cream! Something tells me this is going to turn intoa k-60 vs. k-7500 thread!
                      if you say so

the 7500 is too big a machine for 2'' pipe. plus getting in under the house is not going to happen.

the k-60 with 5/8'' or even 7/8'' with the 4 blade cutter should breeze through it.

of course if the entire line was pvc, then a good washing would have cleared and cleaned it.

thanks wrench, you gave me the angle to talk k-60.

who's keeping score

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Years ago in plumbing and mechanical Mag, I read this. It's smarter to replace that 2" Galvey,with abs or pvc than to play with it. What say you???
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                          Years ago in plumbing and mechanical Mag, I read this. It's smarter to replace that 2" Galvey,with abs or pvc than to play with it. What say you???
                          agreed!

Comment

Guys,

I don't have much experience in drain cleaning mainly simple kitchen santee when replumbing kitchen sinks, shower trap and easy access main. Just picked up a K-39 and a Marco with 5/8" Both have been great for what I've run into so far, so my question, if I run into 20' of 2" that looked like Okies picture would a 4 blade clear the line? How does it get flushed down if lets say you're accessing a cleanout outside a kitchen run? Seems like the blade would just act as mixer and not move the gunk, If I was able to get some head pressure would it move the gunk down? Job for a jetter?

Thanks, wookie

Comment

I should have titled this thread Hospital Nightmare part 3.

This is the same hospital I have been working on....

I have been replacing these line sections 20 feet at a time w/ sch 40 PVC, this hospital has a good sized crawl space but there are some really long crawls...lol

Okie

Wookie: I went for replacement due to the length of these runs (2"x50') and how flat they currently are, as I'm repiping I'm adjusting slope. The consistency of this muck is harder than normal but with normal muck cutting w/ a 4 blade and lots of hot water flushing makes a big difference. If I was not replacing and fixing other problems this would be a perfect job for a jetter...
                              Last edited by OkieBill; 09-13-2008, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X