Background Checks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Checks

I believe that as an added benefit to my customers my employes are required to pass basic background checks and annual reinvestigations...

These may include but are not limited to:
    Credit checks
    Drug testing
    Prior criminal history ( Felonies and Misdemeanors)
    ( $200 to do all of the above listed checks)

This information allows me as an employer to make a better informed hiring decision.

This information also gives me a selling point to my customers and instills a higher level of confidence in my company...

Agree or Disagree

Re: Background Checks

Who? What?! No.

I couldn't spend $200 per potential employee on the front end to find out that the majority are not going to nail all 3.

I've had quite a few interested in working for me but for the most part, none that I trust.

I'd just use the lingo and take your chances when it doesn't work out.

Then all you have to do is apologize. It works!
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Can you do two out of the three? I would definitely do a criminal and drug test, but as for credit score, I'm not too sure.

As for me, I believe I'm a hard working individual but my ex and I bought a house a while back, broke up, and things went sour with the house situation. So, my credit isn't probably the greatest, yet I pay all my other bills on time. So if the credit check shows more than just a credit score, I'd be for it.

Also, I know a few people personally that have a low credit score because they transferred balances to different credit cards and it brings it down a bit. How they calculate credit scores I'll never know. I don't know if anyone knows LOL!
      YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

OK maybe just the background check ( criminal record) $50 that way you are not sending some felon who loves kids into your customers home...

What can we do to protect ourselves and our customers...

I think this would be money well spent and is of course used after you have established the candidates technical qualifications...

okie

Comment

I'd say the $50 background check is a plausible effort.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Would I make the money back in business when I sell my company (advertise) to the customer as criminal background checked??

Comment

I would have to say check criminla and driving record.... the cost of these may be defered by your insurance/bonding companies!

Comment

Would it make a difference to a customer?

Senior citizens?

Well to do customers?

It may make no difference to the low end work but could it open up the higher ends?

okie

Comment

I don't know if it will make a difference in the advertising. But $50 is cheap when you consider the costs to hire someone.

Comment

I may stand corrected, but I think it's illegal to use credit as a term for employment.

As for using the background check as a sales tool, I can't help but think it'd be very effective to high end clients that may want to know they have some assurance when a stranger is in their home.

Comment

If you advertise it would definitely help. While I agree that most times a credit check goes to character, I wouldnt do it ifI didnt have to. I think it would be better if you did drug testing thn a credit check.

......We drug test and screen our employees background.

......Our employees have at least a 670 fico score .

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                        I may stand corrected, but I think it's illegal to use credit as a term for employment.

As for using the background check as a sales tool, I can't help but think it'd be very effective to high end clients that may want to know they have some assurance when a stranger is in their home.
                        DB, it might be different state to state; but it is legal at least in some of them to pull a credit score w/ the prospective employees consent.

Comment

I would replace the credit check with a DMV pull record.

I am not sure if your employees handle money. If they do I could see the benefit of the credit check. Desperate people with lots of debt. . . you know how it goes.
                          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Driving record check is a must!! Better to find out on your own than to have have your insurance company tell you that he is not covered in any of your trucks six months after you hire him.
                            You need to see the driver's license at the first interview, that is legal. Make a copy and if you are thinking of hiring him try do a license check before he starts working for you.

Drug screen story: I sent an applicant for a pre employment drug screen. I got a call from the lab, while he was still there. He had shown up drunk and was trying to "make time" with the nurses.
                            When they called I told them to do a blood alcohol test. It came back so high that the lab chief told me the man should have been unconsious. On top of it all he was taking a prescription narcotic of some sort and they couldn't figure out how he could even stand.

Comment

Re: Background Checks GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!

Do We do this for Congress also?????
                              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                              X