• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expansion joints for pex

Who uses them?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Expansion joints for pex

I've never heard of them for PEX. Why would you need them? If you run PEX in a long trench, it should not run straight, but more like a snake. I can't see strapping it down enough in the walls to cause a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevada plumber View Post
      I've never heard of them for PEX. Why would you need them? If you run PEX in a long trench, it should not run straight, but more like a snake. I can't see strapping it down enough in the walls to cause a problem.
      I can't even see a reason to do that, I miagine PEX would neander on it's on if under duress from T-expansion.

Comment

I've always done it just because the manufactor says so. I've had to learn a lot of my plumbing on my own because navy is years behind and I really never worked with any good plumbers so I've had to always refer to manufactor literature.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Their is a lot of good that can be said about what the manufacture says.I love to get the tech. support on the phone I have learned alot of little tricks with moen faucets by talking to the tech support guys. I feel the same way with the company I worked for . But hey it keeps life interesting right!

Comment

Working...
          X