X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF toilet!

I get a call at a customers house about a toilet giving her problems ect ect...

I get there and find a toilet from hell!

- One piece
    - Solid brass guts (evey part that moves in this toilet is wore out)
    - Wall mounted (2 large bolts)
    - Rear Flush

My guess is that in is a very old Kohler 40-50 years ( I will get a pic on Monday)

I have to admit I am a bit intimidated

Your thoughts....

I always get the weird calls!!

Okie

Re: WTF toilet!

A 16lb sledge in one hand and a Toto in the other.
    sigpic

Comment

Time to replace if the homeowner will go for it.

Comment

Homeowner wants to replace...

I just have to decide which way to go.

-Do I try to find another wall hung rear flush (any ideas?)

-Jackhammer the floor and put in a traditional toilet...

Coin toss except I cant find any $$$ info for option #1

okie

Comment

Will she go for a new commercial style wall hung toilet w/a Sloan flush valve? Looking on www.faucetsdirect.com Eljer makes quite a few models. I have used them to purchase faucets before and items typically arrive in just a few days.

http://www.faucetdirect.com/index.cf...0/finish/White
          http://www.faucetdirect.com/index.cf...6/finish/White
          Last edited by plumbing101; 09-13-2008, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Wait a minute. Your customer has a 40yr.+, wall hung, rear flush, toilet on a slab!?

What kind of plumbing hell do you live in? It's like the Nexus of the Universe there. We should all meet where you live for a week for some sort of plumbing Olympics.

Good Luck!

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by plumbing101 View Post
              Will she go for a new commercial style wall hung toilet w/a Sloan flush valve?

Comment

yeah right-a commercial toilet and flush valve in a home

ive seen them old kohlers---they are junk--along with the new kohlers and the semi new kohlers----

kohler is crap----seeeeeeeee

the only way a kohler lasted 40 years is b/c the home has been vacant

Comment

and faucet direct is like an online homedepot---not for plumbers

Comment

Given, but when my regular supplier tells me a month, three days looks very good and the price is not that much different.

Comment

Sounds like you may have a case toilet. Does it look like this. If it is they are a very good toilet. It was the Cadillac of it's time. Parts are still very available and can be repaired quite easily.

http://lockplumbing.com/case/case.htm
                      Last edited by Masterplumb; 09-13-2008, 09:45 PM.

Comment

I think American Standard makes (or at least a couple of years ago made) a wall mount rear outlet tank toilet with a flushmate in it. There is a couple of neighborhoods that I work in that all had early 1.6gpf wall hung toilets in them, and I have replaced a few with these due to poor flushing.

Greg

http://www.americanstandard-us.com/A...cSheet_901.pdf
                        Last edited by glkearns; 09-14-2008, 12:19 AM. Reason: added link, more info

Comment

I've done plenty of wall hung toilets but they were all mounted on carriers. I've set back-flush, floor mounted toilets that got anchored to the floor. But never seen or installed one of these. What do you have in the wall for this to hang on with only two bolts?
                          ---------------
                          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                          ---------------
                          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                          ---------
                          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                          ---------
                          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

The one's I've changed out had carriers in the wall, and the problem with the toilets was not one of a bad carrier install, just early 1.6's

I was shocked to say the least when I saw the wall mounted toilets in a trac.

Greg

Comment

I like having a wall hung toilet in a residential home. We had that same Crane 3000 in the house I grew up in. It's great for keeping the floor clean. (5 boys )

I remember the plumber coming to work on it. I came home from school one day and found it sitting in my bedroom on some newspaper. It was 2 weeks before he came back to rehang it.

Mom always said she was going to marry a plumber in her next life

Comment

Working...
                              X