• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World's fastest plumber-not Rick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHcNiA9LpwA

Maybe some ideas for next roundup?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: World's fastest plumber-not Rick

Yes but he's flat-rate how is he going to explain to the HO that's was a 5-hour charge?

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      Yes but he's flat-rate how is he going to explain to the HO that's was a 5-hour charge?

Mark
      How absurd,
      No flat rate is going to work that hard on something so basic.Too obvious to the homeowner.
      He's going to stretch it out to at least an hour and a half and tell them they got a deal.
      This guy's hourly!!!

How's this for drift Junky Monkey

ADAM

Comment

There was a contest at a local supply house where they timed how fast one could change a standard Moen cartridge. One guy did it in like 3 seconds. Including removal/installation of the clip.

Nobody came close. And he couldn't do it again.

J.C.

Comment

id believe 10 seconds---give him a 20 year old brass shower cartridge thats never been touched---93 minutes????

Comment

what about reaming the copper when he cut it?

changing the seat on the tap would have been good too

lets see him beat my 21 second time for assembling a price pfister widespread faucet with stems, spout and hoses and tightened in 21 seconds. no estucions or handles

that one i won a cordless 18 dewalt hammer drill. still in the package and never used

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I would fire that guy in a heartbeat if he normally worked like that. He's a callback waiting to happen. I'd rather my guy takes his time and does a top-quality, safe, thorough job rather than rush to get it done and then get a call from the customer a week later that the ceiling is soaking wet...

Speed is great, but DOING IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME IS MORE IMPORTANT.
              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                I would fire that guy in a heartbeat if he normally worked like that. He's a callback waiting to happen. I'd rather my guy takes his time and does a top-quality, safe, thorough job rather than rush to get it done and then get a call from the customer a week later that the ceiling is soaking wet...

remember that just like the roundup, this was a contest. a speed related contest.

my threading world record is not an everyday pace. dropping the 12 r treader is not real life.

remember it's the fastest that wins the contest. not the neatest.

rick
                Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 09-14-2008, 02:07 PM.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Who says I have leaks cause I do something twice as fast as what you pay a guy to take his time.The union would make you a rep overnight.Me,I grew up on piece work.I got payed peanuts(according to fat white boys) for what I put in.So speed/efficiency was my base.There were no leaks.I'm an old man now as far as installers go.So I can lay back and talk a big show.

Comment

What a joke. Don't think He reamed cooper,Did He ??
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Variables forgotten:

Shut-down, did he know enough to open a draw-off and vent the upstairs plumbing as he gathered his tools?

Organization, how fast did he gather his tools?...Did he know exactly which tools to get & where they were? Did he know what parts he needed and where they were?

Conditions, where there any traps in the water pipe? Did he know the tricks to stop the flow of water faster to repair the leak?
                      How corroded was the fixture & piping?

Though I can see the merits of this just being for entertainment, a layman might look in and think plumbing is straightforward and easily predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                        Who says I have leaks cause I do something twice as fast as what you pay a guy to take his time.The union would make you a rep overnight.Me,I grew up on piece work.I got payed peanuts(according to fat white boys) for what I put in.So speed/efficiency was my base.There were no leaks.I'm an old man now as far as installers go.So I can lay back and talk a big show.

As long as you don't have callbacks. Speed is less important in service than in new construction. In service NO CALLBACKS is my motto. Callbacks cost the company MORE money than a guy who takes his time.
                        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

As long as you don't have callbacks. Speed is less important in service than in new construction. In service NO CALLBACKS is my motto. Callbacks cost the company MORE money than a guy who takes his time.

Our Mission Statement:

We Do It Nice Because We Do It Twice

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                            Variables forgotten:

Shut-down, did he know enough to open a draw-off and vent the upstairs plumbing as he gathered his tools?

Organization, how fast did he gather his tools?...Did he know exactly which tools to get & where they were? Did he know what parts he needed and where they were?

Conditions, where there any traps in the water pipe? Did he know the tricks to stop the flow of water faster to repair the leak?
                            How corroded was the fixture & piping?

Though I can see the merits of this just being for entertainment, a layman might look in and think plumbing is straightforward and easily predictable.
                            We need to bookmark this video and then we can refer those looking for advice on plumbing to view it. It should give them all they need to be proficient and save money.
                            ---------------
                            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                            ---------------
                            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                            ---------
                            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                            ---------
                            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              what about reaming the copper when he cut it?

changing the seat on the tap would have been good too

lets see him beat my 21 second time for assembling a price pfister widespread faucet with stems, spout and hoses and tightened in 21 seconds. no estucions or handles

that one i won a cordless 18 dewalt hammer drill. still in the package and never used

rick.
                              I could use that drill--do you still have my address? I will watch for the UPS truck!

Comment

Working...
                              X