Flashlights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flashlights

I know I don't belong here but when I saw the Tread Title I couldn't help myself. I'm one of those guys who has a fascination with flashlights. Candlepowerforums.com is the place for people with similar interests. Talking about powerful flashlights, Gearjunkie is right, but there are good alternatives. Batteryjunction.com, sells LED upgrades for your MagLites that extend the battery life and will make the stock bulb or even halogen bulb of the MagCharger look like candles. These units simply drop in place of the stock bulb, require no modifications and are made by Terralux. There is a discount Internet site called dealextremes.com,that sells all sorts of very powerful flashlights at discount prices. For those of you who use your flashlights regularly, I suggest rechargeable batteries. They have come a long way over the years and although the upfront cost is not cheap they save you plenty of money in the long run, not to mention no more buying batteries. Sorry to intrude.

Comment

I'm buying one of these up at my local Ace because there's a $40 mail-in rebate that goes with it, dropping the price down to $60.

Just look at the features that item has for 60 bucks, pretty amazing IMO.

I've never had any problems with black and decker products in the lines of tools so I'm thinking that's a good deal, plus the small radio is nice. It's a little heavy but that's because it has an internal battery that runs for hours.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

My all time favorite is made by Parliament Funkadelic.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
          Do you mean no budget as in no money or no budget as in unlimited money?
          He means no budget as in YOUR money (tax money that is).
          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

most well guys around here use a mirror and sun light, to look down wells, If the well is straight you can see water 300' down, our old guy jsut used a small truck mirror.
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Just a cheap LED small flash light for me. The better it is the faster I loose it. The mirror worked great in lift stations in Iraq. we had trouble with them at night though

Comment

it used to be the mag rechargeable that was my favorite. but the cost of the unit and eventually the battery is not worth it anymore.

now my choice is my swap meet special.

it's a 3-c cell 1-led that will blind you. i think they're 3 watt. white led that's very intense.

the lens is prefocused and non adjustable. the housing is green aluminum with a rubber overmold. it's got a hex lens cover to keep it from rolling. priced at $23 each.

so far i have purchased over 20 of them and still need another 20 for the guys that have asked me. their on a slow boat from china i think

when i get more, i'll mail them to anyone interested. figure 23 plus postage.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

This is the light I carry:-) up to 57 lumens only when you need them...
                  I have changed my batteries in this flashlight one time this year

Less than $40

From the Manufacturer
                  Streamlight's Twin-Task 3C is an exceptional, powerful light that offers multiple lighting modes from a variety of power sources. There's no task these lights can't handle! The Twin-Task lights are the only machined aluminum flashlights with a patented xenon/LED combination for unmatched brightness and exceptionally long run times. Users can easily select the best light source and intensity for the task at hand. The Twin-Task 3C has an adjustable focus and a micro-faceted reflector for a smooth, perfectly focused beam. This versatile light can shine for up to 160 hours. Powered by 3 "C" alkaline batteries (not included).

Product Description
                  High Powered 3C Cell Xenon/LED Twin Task Offers the user a choice between a super bright (Xenon)light or incredibly long (LED) runtime light. A patented LED/Xenon combination for super brightness and ultra-long runtime. O-ring sealed. Water resistant. Lanyard included. Anodized aluminum. Computer-machined. 3 modes: 3 LED, 6 LED and Xenon. Batteries not included.

Comment

Anything from Pelican.

First they back there product with a lifetime warranty.

They have a no-hassle warranty replacment, and I mean no hassle, even for accessories. Example Hard Hat Helmet Clips, for the Pelican Stealthlite. My guys and I break these all the time. Call up Pelican, ones in the mail that day.

The majority of there lights have Class I, Div. 2; Gp ABCD, T3C; Class ll; Div. 2; Gp G, approavals, which means you don't have to worry about turning it on in a combustable area and blowing yourself up.

They have many that are 100% water proof. I use them in Scuba diving, and on the job.

Comment

Na....
                      You just need a bigger Mag-Lite that's all.
                      Anything under 4 cell is just a toy!
                      Last edited by Davet; 09-26-2008, 02:20 AM.

Comment

here ya go.... 3,500 lumens

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...64921933833709

Comment

Why do people get excited about flashlights? Unless you live way north, you'll only need it for about 12 hours a day. I just don't get it.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I agree Ben I dont understand the fascination that some people have, now knives and guns.... now we're talkin'!

Comment

Knives and guns make sense, you always need to shoot or cut something.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

For general use, I carry a couple of plain old D-cell flashlights. One can be focused, which I like. When I go in to look at a job to give a price, I carry one of those.

But I carry a small LED light in my toolbox and I love it a lot! For looking at stops under a sink to see if they're leaking or for looking at a tub valve seat and so on, they can't be beat.

And, of course, I carry pocket mirrors on the truck for those valve key tubes out in the yard.

Comment

Working...
                                X