X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about ibc

can you put a san tee on a 45 in a building drainage,i am used to ky plumbing code,were we can lay a tee on its back,but we are doing this building on a military base going by ibc, no tees on its back,ok we use combos , but our buddy says u can lay a tee on a 45 mr. mississippi plumber great form um ya.

Re: question about ibc

in upc 45 is considered vert.

Comment

Since you are on a federal project and a military base at that, I would ask your Quality Assurance (Q.A.) or Corps of Engineer Rep what his or her opinion is on the issue.

You will hear alot of opinions on this issue but the only opinion that matters is the person that has to sign of on you or your companies work.

As a contractor or Sub doing Military work / Federal work can get really sticky real fast... (I have been on both sides Military and federal sub contractor)

Just my 2 cents,

Okie

Comment

Do IBC and IPC agree? If so in IPC here it is enforced that you may only use a Sanitary Tee's inlet going from horizontal to vertical. In other words, standing up.

You cannot lay it on its back. Ex. Vent.

You cannot lay it on its side. Ex. Horizontal drainage.

You cannot lay it on a 45 degree. Ex. Drainage OR Vent.

J.C.

Comment

I know none of you are under the NSPC (unless you are in NJ), but if you are interested transitioning from Horz. to Vert. a sanitary tee is allowed for CI (Hub or No-Hub), Plastic DWV, copper DWV, and SS push fit DWV... BUT.... in all cases, is only approved when servicing a single fixture. Same limitation applies to a 1/4 bend.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by tcombs View Post
            can you put a san tee on a 45 in a building drainage,i am used to ky plumbing code,were we can lay a tee on its back,but we are doing this building on a military base going by ibc, no tees on its back,ok we use combos , but our buddy says u can lay a tee on a 45 mr. mississippi plumber great form um ya.
            up here we cannot use anything except a y and a 45 on the horizontal. i recall that the idea behind this was to not slow down the flow with abrupt changes in direction and still allow for unobstructed air flow for venting.

maybe this is their mode of thought?

also, i do believe (and i might be wrong on this one) it is the local plumbing code or authority that over-rides the ibc??

please correct me if i'm way out in left field.

Comment

This being a federal job.....

The only opinion that matters is the QA / Onsite inspector and how he or she was taught or what code book they are familiar with for the project.

FEDERAL is a different world folks

The only code that applies is the one your particular inspector uses nothing else matters.

The question that may need to be asked is who is "our buddy" if "our buddy" is the inspector than you can if not see above:-)

Okie
              Last edited by OkieBill; 09-17-2008, 10:17 PM. Reason: I had a bad experience on a federal job that was very simular to this issue ( I learned the hard way)

Comment

How's that hospital going Bill? $$$? Always like your hospital updates.

J.C.

Comment

Going good, I have been getting alot of work from it:-) Nurses and patients

Time management is my greatest challenge for sure...

Hacktown USA is alive and well

Comment

We could probably work together. I did a "Hacktown Special" inspection today on a rental property a lady is purchasing. I found 12 major violations/problems and 1 minor.

The minor one was an uncaulked toilet. The rest add up to replumbiing the house.

J.C.

Comment

ipc states any pipe 45 or more is considered vert

Comment

Is she still purchasing after that review???

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                          Is she still purchasing after that review???
                          Don't know. We're still dancing but I don't know if she's drunk enough to go home with me.

J.C.

Comment

Tell her to do it to protect the nations health

Or if you have to stoop so low tell her it will reduce her CARBON FOOTPRINT

Comment

I think she's gonna' be forced too for things to have a chance to function well. Should have took some pics for here. Backpitched DWV, S-traps, NO TRAPS, running traps, wrong vent distance, CPVC with wrong glue & no support, etc. etc. etc.

Looks like about 16" crawlspace also.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X