X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Flush

I have a couple of Caroma Caravelles in my house(put them in about 2 months ago+/-) and now I wonder why they sat in the garage for so long. These toilets are great, not 1 plunge since installation, saves alot of water to boot. I have been getting a few calls lately about toilet replacements due to water dept. rebates and was wondering if anyone else has first hand function feedback on any other dual flush.
    Toto's Aquia
    Sterling has 1 or 2 out,
    proflo
    gerber
    etc.

I would like to have more than 1 quality option for people to choose from and don't want to sell them something that functions poorly.

Greg

Re: Dual Flush

I believe I've installed a few of those in one job along with a waterless urinalf or leed points. Waterless urinals stink though if you don't clean them and replace the cartridge regularoly.

Comment

This style of toilet is the rage in Spain even on military bases. Everyone I saw was a Toto. They had a knob at the top for less water and a regular handle for a regular flush. I'm unfamiliar with the toilets you mentioned, similar design?
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

typically 2 button, 1 for .8 gpf, the other for 1.6. Here's a pic of one of my caroma's

Comment

The one thing I'm not fond of on those Caroma's is the mounting system. It's a little "different." Reeks a bit of trying to reinvent the wheel.

Comment

Not this one 2 tank to bowl bolts, 2 bolts to the flange, and the bolts for the seat. very basic toilet install...

The Toto Aquia on the other hand, there is the plastic flange adapter and 2 plastic screw blocks that need to be anchored to the floor in a very precise location, and depending on the flooring material can add some serious extra time.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by glkearns View Post
              I have a couple of Caroma Caravelles in my house(put them in about 2 months ago+/-) and now I wonder why they sat in the garage for so long. These toilets are great, not 1 plunge since installation, saves alot of water to boot. I have been getting a few calls lately about toilet replacements due to water dept. rebates and was wondering if anyone else has first hand function feedback on any other dual flush.
              Toto's Aquia
              Sterling has 1 or 2 out,
              proflo
              gerber
              etc.

I would like to have more than 1 quality option for people to choose from and don't want to sell them something that functions poorly.

Greg
              Yes caroma is one of the most popular dual flush toilet cisterns and suits in Australia, but the the lower 6/3 litre flush is starting to have problems with flushing the solids through the sewerage pipes and are causing blockages as they are relying on the water from showers, baths and other water fixtures to flush out the solids all the way to the authorties main sewewage pipes.

Tony

Comment

Working...
              X