• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shark bite heaven

Well, I've finally seen it all.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Re: Shark bite heaven

At a glance, it even looks like they took the time to prop a cardboard box below the Ex tank.

reel gud kwality.

I figure there's about $250 in SB fittings there alone, what would cost about $120 in 3/4" copper, all to avoid taking the half hour more time to solder.

This is where I get confused with folks saying the time saved is worthwhile.

Comment

I do not use Sharkbites. But a theoretical question I guess. If they were going to do this and were to cheap to buy copper, would CPVC be a better or worse choice?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        I do not use Sharkbites. But a theoretical question I guess. If they were going to do this and were to cheap to buy copper, would CPVC be a better or worse choice?

J.C.
        sigpic

Comment

Even with the PEX, the Wirsbro is only $200! It would have cost less to buy the tool and the rings!!! To save a buck!

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.
            NH I was seriously asking as I feel both are inadequate compared to copper. I am informed about Wirsbo-PEX expansion/contraction etc. and also about CPVC and it's pluses & many minuses in comparison. (Maybe not to the degree you are but you can inform me.)

What I'm asking is are you less likely to have a longterm leak with CPVC due to less expansion/contraction than with PEX when using Sharkbites? I'm also aware of the sleeve required with a Sharkbite/PEX combination.

J.C.
            Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 09-18-2008, 06:02 PM.

Comment

As many problems as I've seen with cpvc, I would feel better about pex. Something is wrong in that pic, they have slip couplings installed where they don't need them. Why is there an expansion tank with the tankless? Where did you find this pic, Oklahoma?
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                As many problems as I've seen with cpvc, I would feel better about pex. Something is wrong in that pic, they have slip couplings installed where they don't need them. Why is there an expansion tank with the tankless? Where did you find this pic, Oklahoma?
                I've run into situations where the code has not been updated for say-a tankless. So the current code or local jurisdiction calls for a TXT.

Oklahoma. I get it.

J.C.

Comment

at least its looks all plumb...

Comment

Originally posted by plumbworker View Post
                    at least its looks all plumb...
                    Um, yeah...cause it's all dangling.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                      Um, yeah...cause it's all dangling.
                      true

Comment

At least they used metal strapping on the fittings instead of the tubing.

Sorry, I try to be optimistic

Speaking of being an optimisitic, I have a joke for you guys (sorry to hijack this and it's not that funny):

There are two handymen working side by side. One is a pessimist and the other is an optimist. They are putting Wirsbo tubing together with Sharkbite fittings they bought at a garage sale.

As they get the whole house plumbed, the pessimist says, "That took forever! I didn't think we would ever get done. Go ahead and turn the water on." The optimist has a big grin on his face and runs daintily to the main water shut-off. He turns it on and runs daintily back where the pessimist is standing, looking for leaks.

All of a sudden, all the fitting start peeing water everywhere. The optimistic daintily goes to the room with the shut-off valve and daintily comes back after a few seconds. The pessimist lets out a big sigh and says, "Oh man! This day can't POSSIBLY get any worse." The optimistic, with a huge smile says, "Yes it can! The main valve broke and I see a city inspector coming up to the house. Maybe he can help us!"
                        YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

definately would have been faster and looked better in 3/4 propress

Comment

His students did that in class,

who wants to put a wager on that?
                            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                              His students did that in class,

who wants to put a wager on that?
                              It occured to me, recalling his past antics here.

I just don't see him encouraging his students to use that crap though.

Comment

Working...
                              X