X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakthrough Advancement with Toilet Seat Bidets

Time for everyone to own up to your criticisms on these toilet seat bidets. Everyone remember last year when that blowout thread started about wiping versus spraying water?

Well, these two guys must of taken those criticisms and fueled the inspiration to really push the idea, and it's working. Granted the discussion was a little interesting but the concept was a hidden target that's now exposed and seems from various standpoints that the idea has legs.

They have entered the medical profession with this idea and it's gaining some serious momentum with trade shows and associations with the medical field.

I think the harsh criticisms about this whole idea was mainly because the ones who didn't like the idea, were healthy and able to perform the needed task to be sanitary.

But, that statement is up for discretion as we all know our cinnamon ring isn't as clean as we'd like it to be, and certainly isn't "shower fresh" after wiping numerous times to the point of bleeding. LOOL!!!

http://www.dignacare.com is the website and you got to admit; these guys are their own representatives of their product and I'm damn sure not good looking enough to do anything of the nature.

"Gives people the ability to reclaim going to the bathroom on their own."

That is a multi-million dollar statement alone because if you or anyone has been put in the situation to wipe and clean another adult after defecation, you know how embarrassing/uncomfortable that is. It's demeaning in some ways because you lived your whole life doing for yourself and now as you get older, you sometimes can't.

If my dad ever got in bad shape, I'd take him out to the driveway and hose him off like I would the underside of a lawnmower, seriously. But given the product like above, I'd say that the idea solves a lot of problems by pushing buttons on a keypad makes it a very easy learning curve.

Everyone should commend these two guys for their growing success on this idea. I feel it's a great contribution to the plumbing profession in so many ways. Drain cleaners might be out of a job with this idea but if it follows the "green" concept it should be praised, not disregarded.

Those with ideas usually don't have the full circle to do the entire start to finish. Putting it out in people's faces on youtube, going to trade shows, speaking with hospitals and senior assisted living, anyplace where people for some reason in their life cannot take care of themselves need assistance in the most private of issues in everyday human life.

It's okay to not like this idea, you can keep your bought product on a shelf for years, no problem. But remember that you could donate that product to someone in need, share the ability to help others so they can be aware that items like this do help those who have medical conditions that disallow free movement to take care of wiping.

Ask a cancer patient that's just taken chemotherapy for 13 weeks in a row and ask them if their bowel movements are normal.

Ask someone who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome if they use a lot of toilet paper, and do they sometimes get rashes/infections from wiping so much.

Ask a Colon Cancer patient that has had numerous feet of their colon removed if they have thick, solid defecations in the first 3 years after the operation.

Arthritis can stop the clutching of toilet paper, a torn rotator cuff, hand/arm/shoulder injury can limit use of how to clean yourself.

It's good to know that advances such as these have hit an economical stride to give all ranges of users the ability to financially afford these, to be able to mount them on an existing toilet to fit the need.

This isn't just for the elite or well-off anymore, it's a medical product that does a lot more than provide comfort and ease of use.

I could see Medicare someday as part of a prescription for this equipment due to the conditions the patient is currently in due to accident or injury, degrading health or some type of disease that has stricken the human body.

I say thumbs up for these guys for the drive they got knowing they was going against the grain with the attitudes that were thrown at them and to now see them advancing their position.

My dad is getting old, do you really think I want to be "hands-on" when he gets to a point that he can't do that oh so simple task? Awwww Hell NO! I'll be buying something that he can do for himself, call me when the stench clears in the bathroom and I'll wheelchair him back to the bed.

Disclaimer: The use of the word phrase "cinnamon ring" should in no way be construed in similarities to food products found at Dunkin Donuts, Fazzoli's or Wham-Bam's.
    Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 09-18-2008, 09:51 PM.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: Breakthrough Advancement with Toilet Seat Bidets

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
    This isn't just for the elite or well-off anymore, it's a medical product that does a lot more than provide comfort and ease of use.

I could see Medicare someday as part of a prescription for this equipment due to the conditions the patient is currently in due to accident or injury, degrading health or some type of disease that has stricken the human body.
    Just imagine the markup possible on medical devices, you could charge $2000 an hour! At least until the insurance company applies their 95% discount.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Comment

Actually they had that site back when the thread just started as well.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
        Just imagine the markup possible on medical devices, you could charge $2000 an hour! At least until the insurance company applies their 95% discount.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Nah...I can see medicare involved and marking it up a $299 product up to $1400 with no problems/questions asked.

As far as a plumber is involved, I'd say around $85-$140 to install/demonstrate the product and how to use it.

Just think of how much it costs for toilet paper for a year for 2 adults and 2 kids. Women use a ton of toilet paper as well. Enough to say that the costs of toilet paper could buy one of these devices in less than 2 years tops.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Actually they had that site back when the thread just started as well.

Mark

What?!!!

I visited their other site a couple weeks ago and saw the discussion about it, then noticed the guys in the video looked familiar.

Had no idea that the two were connected until I emailed Kenny about the connection and how they were part of that company name.

Comment

I don't like using a bidet, doesn't make me comfy knowing my rear is wet.
            Doesn't make me a bad person, certainly not suffering in the hygiene dept.

What sparked my dissention was the insinuation that anyone who doesn't use one has bad hygiene.

Negative reinforcement is one of the worst mistakes you can make in sales....doors will close, permanently.

Comment

I agree DB, that thread took on a strange turn for which I didn't agree with the concept but I was not a bidet user when that came about.

It sparked my curiousity and thought that the cost of it being quite reasonable was worth the effort to try it.

I've mentioned this to a few customers of mine and they instantly get this "how dare you" attitude towards me......

Not to strike off topic, but I've dated many many women who had kids, and they all had hemmorhoids to some size, some rather large. (starts to hurl)

But I will state for the record that some of them women absolutely needed a bidet. I will take a lie detector test to prove those words ring true.

Comment

We gotta find you some better women.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Well, I still have a brand new bidet seat available
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

And no hemmorhoids.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                      And no hemmorhoids.

J.C.
                      No, but I have Rick.
                      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Pretty funny stuff here.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          Okay "ladies" and gentlemen lets be adult!

Mark
                          Whatever!
                          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

They're great, I use Mine side saddle
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                              Time for everyone to own up to your criticisms on these toilet seat bidets. Everyone remember last year when that blowout thread started about wiping versus spraying water?

Well, these two guys must of taken those criticisms and fueled the inspiration to really push the idea, and it's working. Granted the discussion was a little interesting but the concept was a hidden target that's now exposed and seems from various standpoints that the idea has legs.

They have entered the medical profession with this idea and it's gaining some serious momentum with trade shows and associations with the medical field.

I think the harsh criticisms about this whole idea was mainly because the ones who didn't like the idea, were healthy and able to perform the needed task to be sanitary.

But, that statement is up for discretion as we all know our cinnamon ring isn't as clean as we'd like it to be, and certainly isn't "shower fresh" after wiping numerous times to the point of bleeding. LOOL!!!

http://www.dignacare.com is the website and you got to admit; these guys are their own representatives of their product and I'm damn sure not good looking enough to do anything of the nature.

That is a multi-million dollar statement alone because if you or anyone has been put in the situation to wipe and clean another adult after defecation, you know how embarrassing/uncomfortable that is. It's demeaning in some ways because you lived your whole life doing for yourself and now as you get older, you sometimes can't.

If my dad ever got in bad shape, I'd take him out to the driveway and hose him off like I would the underside of a lawnmower, seriously. But given the product like above, I'd say that the idea solves a lot of problems by pushing buttons on a keypad makes it a very easy learning curve.

Everyone should commend these two guys for their growing success on this idea. I feel it's a great contribution to the plumbing profession in so many ways. Drain cleaners might be out of a job with this idea but if it follows the "green" concept it should be praised, not disregarded.

Those with ideas usually don't have the full circle to do the entire start to finish. Putting it out in people's faces on youtube, going to trade shows, speaking with hospitals and senior assisted living, anyplace where people for some reason in their life cannot take care of themselves need assistance in the most private of issues in everyday human life.

It's okay to not like this idea, you can keep your bought product on a shelf for years, no problem. But remember that you could donate that product to someone in need, share the ability to help others so they can be aware that items like this do help those who have medical conditions that disallow free movement to take care of wiping.

Ask a cancer patient that's just taken chemotherapy for 13 weeks in a row and ask them if their bowel movements are normal.

Ask someone who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome if they use a lot of toilet paper, and do they sometimes get rashes/infections from wiping so much.

Ask a Colon Cancer patient that has had numerous feet of their colon removed if they have thick, solid defecations in the first 3 years after the operation.

Arthritis can stop the clutching of toilet paper, a torn rotator cuff, hand/arm/shoulder injury can limit use of how to clean yourself.

It's good to know that advances such as these have hit an economical stride to give all ranges of users the ability to financially afford these, to be able to mount them on an existing toilet to fit the need.

I say thumbs up for these guys for the drive they got knowing they was going against the grain with the attitudes that were thrown at them and to now see them advancing their position.

My dad is getting old, do you really think I want to be "hands-on" when he gets to a point that he can't do that oh so simple task? Awwww Hell NO! I'll be buying something that he can do for himself, call me when the stench clears in the bathroom and I'll wheelchair him back to the bed.

Disclaimer: The use of the word phrase "cinnamon ring" should in no way be construed in similarities to food products found at Dunkin Donuts, Fazzoli's or Wham-Bam's.
                              Dunbar I can't thank-you enough for such kind words about us and our product. Things have been moving rapidly. The latest being installing a unit at Western Michigan University Department of Occupational Therapy College of Health and Human Services. Ken is going back to teach a class on the benefits of hand free toileting hygiene.
                              The Medical community in our area is embracing washing and drying toilet seat commodes like Rick embraces the K60.

Thanks again Dunbar.

Comment

Working...
                              X