X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Up Sump Systems

What back up sump pump systems are you guys using? I realize that some may not install these at all based on location.

It seems that water powered pumps are taking over the market share on battery style back up pump systems. At least around here.
    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Re: Back Up Sump Systems

Some are really opposed to water powered backup systems because of the potential of potable water contamination.

J.C.

Comment

I've never installed a water powered backup system

I have seen dozens of battery backup systems fail because the chargers were either unplugged and batteries drained out or not replaced on the required schedule

Comment

Water backups are illegal here b/c they are a cross connection---sewer/ water

i use zoeller battery backup with no callbacks---ever

water backups are dangerous and unsafe---if ur a plumber using one here--look out--they will crucify u if caught

Comment

And if u suggest a backflow on it--it would have to be an air gap---which would not work

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
            Water backups are illegal here b/c they are a cross connection---sewer/ water

i use zoeller battery backup with no callbacks---ever

water backups are dangerous and unsafe---if ur a plumber using one here--look out--they will crucify u if caught

I too use Zoeller Aquanot II systems for my back ups. I love the system but it is so pricey.

After all of the rain we just got here my phone is ringing off the hook for backup systems. I am losing out to these guys installing water powered systems at a 1/4 of the price.

I will stick to what I know is right and keep pushing the Zoeller unless someone on here knows of another battery system that is decent.

Don't even mention the WatchDog either......JUNK!!!

Comment

I love ripping out new watchdog junk that fails in 1st storm---stick to zoeller---when it rains heavy--i install tons of backups

Comment

Are you allowed water backup in ur area????not here

Comment

Does Liberty Pumps make something comparable? I've heard decent things about them but have only worked with Zoeller myself.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
                    Are you allowed water backup in ur area????not here
                    As far as i am aware...Yes.

Comment

Just looked at a Liberty Model 441. Looks kind of plasticky.

I like ones with cast iron bodies & metallic impellers.

J.C.

Comment

I install the Pro Series brand. No problems with them. Never seen or heard of anyone using the water powered in this area.

Comment

Looks like they utilize a vacuum breaker. The pumps are cheap. But how much for running the copper? The majority of sumps I see are not near water lines. Unless hacks are running a garden hose for the hookup.

LOL...the Zoeller one pumps 364 gallons per hour, if you have 60psi! Start building your Ark!

http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com...15.html?ref=42

http://www.proseriespumps.com/backup_sump_pump_1000.htm

Twice as much as a Pro Series installed...but you will be drier!
                          Last edited by NorthernIllinoisPlumber; 09-19-2008, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
                            Looks like they utilize a vacuum breaker. The pumps are cheap. But how much for running the copper? The majority of sumps I see are not near water lines. Unless hacks are running a garden hose for the hookup.

BINGO!!!

The ones I have seen have had copper run to them from far across the basement. I'm sure they charged an arm and a leg for that copper line.

They do work but I would not trust one. It pumps 2 gal. sump water to one gallon potable.

Doesn't seem very great.

Comment

Typically, the sump pump crocks in this area are right near the washing machine or water softener. An easy way to plumb in a connection. I have seen many people utilize a Y fitting on the washing machine boiler drain, and just install it via a washer hose. For battery back-up systems I typically use Wayne. Not the best, but affordable.

Comment

Working...
                              X