X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First Timer Drain Cleaning.

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
    WELCOME BACK MACK!!!

Ahh thank-yuh.....thank-yuh verra muuuchhhhhh......
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

just curious,

i have a little itty bitty bit of experience with tree roots.

in montreal i had the opportunity to work on tree roots with an experienced plumber from there.

we spent most of the day working on this call. yes, there was a big tree located not far from the line we were working on.

we got a call the next day from the same address. blocked sewer.

we went back, set up the same big drum (RIDGIDtm) drain cleaner(i can't remember the model #) and proceeded to do exactly as we had done the previous day. again, we pulled roots out of the line.

of course the customer questioned the guy i was working with about this. and out course i stood in the background, trying to blend in with the trees.

the guy explained that sometimes this happens.

given my obvious lack of experience with tree roots, i've always wondered if the explanation to the customer was justified, or was i the ignorant accomplice in a rip-off.

can anyone shed some light on this. it won't help me much up here. i just need to know.

Comment

It is common to leave a good percentage of roots behind (expecially with a drum machine). The only way to truly shear off all of the roots at the inside wall of the pipe is with a jetter.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
          just curious,

i have a little itty bitty bit of experience with tree roots.

in montreal i had the opportunity to work on tree roots with an experienced plumber from there.

we spent most of the day working on this call. yes, there was a big tree located not far from the line we were working on.

we got a call the next day from the same address. blocked sewer.

we went back, set up the same big drum (RIDGIDtm) drain cleaner(i can't remember the model #) and proceeded to do exactly as we had done the previous day. again, we pulled roots out of the line.

of course the customer questioned the guy i was working with about this. and out course i stood in the background, trying to blend in with the trees.

the guy explained that sometimes this happens.

given my obvious lack of experience with tree roots, i've always wondered if the explanation to the customer was justified, or was i the ignorant accomplice in a rip-off.

can anyone shed some light on this. it won't help me much up here. i just need to know.
          Going back is no fun and yes the customer thinks you didn't do a good job the first time. I learned from this and no matter how much of a struggle I have with the drain I do another run out with the snake unless I have my camera close for an inspection. I have not had a recall on a main for a long time. (knock on wood lol)
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
          X