X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Timer Drain Cleaning.

O/K there it is.
    Five hours on the K-60.

Thanks to Rick I can feel very confident now and go out and get one and know how to use it.

He shared his annual condominium complexe's individual mainlines.Total of 36.I think Rick felt comfortable with letting me do 10 to 15 solo.

Now I am familiar with how to control the muck,cables and bits.

I did get a little nip on my pinky when I got cocky on my third main.I got too much 7/8 out in the gap and rolled it over on my hand.Thank goodness for the sectionals design to immediately release or there would have been seriously more bodily damage.

A day like today is one of those days where you cannot put a price on.The experience will last me a lifetime.

Not to say the least about my compensation.I promise to only spend it on tools.

THANK-YOU RICK
    ADAM

Re: First Timer Drain Cleaning.

Way to go Adam!!!

That's awesome. Couldn't have had a better teacher on that one.

What a great day too! That sounds like a perfect situation for training.

Good job guys!!!!
    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

So is this your only experience drain cleaning, or only experience with the K60?
      Greg

Comment

This just shows how great the community of people here on this site are. We learn from each other, we help each other out and we keep each other on our toes.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by glkearns View Post
          So is this your only experience drain cleaning, or only experience with the K60?
          Greg
          Both.
          I mean I've played with those hand crank tub snakes once or twice,but never anything larger.

Comment

You gonna try a drum machine next, or are you sold on the K60?

Greg

Comment

Rick and Adam.............The Dynamic Duo

You two make a great team

Now that you are familiar with how to use the K60 properly there is a few things Rick didn't teach you....proper terminology:

Muck = Crap or Sewer Juice
              Bits = Heads

It will open many doors for you

Good Luck

Comment

thanks adam

but why is it you live 40 miles away and were able to post this 2.25 hours before me getting home

actually i showed adam how i did 1 main. actually the worst one in the complex and cut him loose. never stood over his shoulder and never needed to correct him.

for never using a snake, or in this case a sectional, i think adam mastered the technique awful quick

so it was a win, win, win for all of us.

adam got to play and learn something about drain cleaning and the k-60, i got done faster than by myself, and ridgid will be selling another k-60 sooner than later

adam, when can we take the propress out on 1 of your jobs

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

gee rick i would have came out and help you

all you would have to do is pay for my food
                  Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                  http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                  http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                    gee rick i would have came out and help you
                    It was really to let Adam have a feel and test at drain cleaning.
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Adam, so when is your training with Steve (All Clear). Or are you officially a sectional man already

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                        Adam, so when is your training with Steve (All Clear). Or are you officially a sectional man already
                        Josh...Of all people...You are starting to appreciate the taste for chaos.Some of us are starting to wear off on you.

I was speaking to Ben on this and explained that I feel a little uncomfortable posting a review on a product when I don't have anything else to reference it to.He helped me to understand that I actually wouldn't be comparing.

First off,Rick is a very thorough teacher.He kind of has a sense of what someone is going to do to get into trouble and cuts it off.So it got this ball rolling right out the gate.

It was extremely easy to get the hang of.The slight bend to feed the cable was easy because of the open wind let it just,I don't know,"walk" right into the pipe.

The hugest factor I like about this machine is the immediate release of torque on the snake.I could "play" it back and forth in the fitting intersections with engaging the revearse and letting the cable and "HEAD"(thanks P/C) work with me if needed,most of the time just let of the handle and draw the cable out then engage for back in.

I liked the way all the roots stuck in the open wind.

The work on the sections I kept changing up my techniques.I did not get a perfect rythm.I did not try the bucket for staging withdrawn cables.

The machine and spiral saws felt solid and could have taken on a lot more.It's strong.I can see how it gets these huge roots out.I can also see it being light and maneuverable enough to take all around and in the house.I'm a liitle concerned I would need a couple of different drums to accomplish the same.

I would not think twice about this being my only machine for everything my tub gun won't get(when and if the time comes).

Comment

Thanks for the info Adam. My experience is about equal to yours. I think it would be wise also to have multiple machines. We have multiple wrenches, screwdrivers, saws, etc. that can overlap and do the same jobs sometimes. But we go for the best tool for the job.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                            O/K there it is.
                            Five hours on the K-60.

Thanks to Rick I can feel very confident now and go out and get one and know how to use it.

He shared his annual condominium complexe's individual mainlines.Total of 36.I think Rick felt comfortable with letting me do 10 to 15 solo.

Now I am familiar with how to control the muck,cables and bits.

I did get a little nip on my pinky when I got cocky on my third main.I got too much 7/8 out in the gap and rolled it over on my hand.Thank goodness for the sectionals design to immediately release or there would have been seriously more bodily damage.

A day like today is one of those days where you cannot put a price on.The experience will last me a lifetime.

Not to say the least about my compensation.I promise to only spend it on tools.

THANK-YOU RICK
                            ADAM
                            Yeesh.......get a room....
                            I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
                              Yeesh.......get a room....
                              WELCOME BACK MACK!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X