Any Ideas?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any Ideas?

No offense taken Mrs. Joey. No offense intended either. You make me laugh.

Backup, maybe. Just wanted peoples creative ideas and the coffee table is.....creative.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      No offense taken Mrs. Joey. No offense intended either. You make me laugh.

Backup, maybe. Just wanted peoples creative ideas and the coffee table is.....creative.

J.C.
      I am not easily offended It would be a conversation piece AND it would save you from buying a piece of furniture.
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Turn it in as a warranty, then sell the new one. Not really!

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          Yea that's crazy, just blow it up.
          Yup

Comment

Is this a gas tank or electric tank? what size?

Maybe replace the magnesium rod and advertise it - do a charity job for someone who might need a hot water tank? Maybe advertise in a church newsletter or something? Get some good kudo's points with the community and help your name a bit?

OR

Pipe it in series with your hot water tank and pipe some of the water up onto the roof or in the attic during the summer and use it as a preheat tank for your hot water tank. A small recirc pump that draws next to nothing for amps would do the trick to pick up some BTU's from the attic in the Summer to preheat your hot water. NO burner required. Might not save you huge $$$ but might prolong the life of your current HWT and save you some heating $$$ in the process perhaps? YOu could then also pipe in a bypass from this tank to your house plumbing so that if/when your current HWT goes, you just open a few valves and close some other ones, pipe the gas or run the electric (not sure which it is) and you at least have HW for a while until you replace your other tank or choose to use this one.

You could also use this HWT for additional capacity so that you could do a little radiant floor heating in some key locations in your home in a staple up fashion perhaps, but still have lots of HW capacity for your home's domestic requirements?

I second donating it to either a plumbing school or a local habitat for humanity type organization as another consideration.

Comment

Cut it in half and give it to a farmer to use for troughs.

Comment

I'm pretty sure reselling or even donating a used gas appliance, no matter how old, is frowned upon by some official organization

I'm not sure which one though

Comment

Keep it for a time when a friend or needy person can't afford to install a new one. Maybe you can just get a labor charge for it, or donate it to habitat like someone else stated.

Comment

Working...
                  X