X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XPress fitting

EPC XPress fittings, what can you guys teel me about them, better than viega, about the same or garbage? I am reviewing some shop drawings for a 4" Backflow and the plumber is requesting to use these, I speced rolled joints.

Re: XPress fitting

My only experience with Elkhart is their copper solder fittings and have had no problems. Quality control seemed to be good.

But all of these press fittings are a different animal in the U.S. that will take awhile for real good opinions to me. Right now, who knows which is best?
    Could be Viega, Nibco, Elkhart or someone else. I would look at the test data of all vs. what the final product needs to do and for how long. Then overengineer 10%.

They're approved to be put in with a variety of pressing jaws also. (Ridgid, Rothenberger, etc.) But I'm sure you knew that.

Bet Mark could put 'em on with a basin wrench.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

Bet Mark could put 'em on with a basin wrench.

J.C.
      Ill bet he would need a cheater for these 4" ones......

Comment

Curious-do you know the cost of say-a 4" Xpress coupling?

J.C.

Comment

not a clue, Ill ask the plumber and get back to ya!

Comment

about $60 JC, vs. $70 for Viega and $75 for a traditional 4" coupling. HMMMMM I'd use Propress too!

Comment

That's surprising. Although it's not approved here yet, I checked on ProPress and Viega fittings like 2 years ago. The smaller fittings were MUCH higher if I remember right.

Seems like it would just carry through to the larger ones. Good to know though. Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
              X