Bring back polyb!!!!

Comment

Re: The future of our trade....

Originally posted by Scott K View Post
      Bring back polyb!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
        Where do you guys see plumbing in the coming years? I mean look back 10 years at how far we had come, PEX, PROPRESS, Tankless. What do you guys see, as far as changes in licensing laws, codes, products?
        If the industry keeps up like its going, the whole "licensed plumber" thing will be a thing of the past,

I URGE everyone to stop using pex , that is one way to save the industry

Another is for all your formans and mechanics to be more friendly to the new guys , so younger guys will be interested in this trade more,

Just my 2 bits
        Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
        New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          There are some that say Aluminum WILL be carried in water to be ingested with possible links to Alzheimers. Not proven yet but studies are happening last I heard.

The neuritic plaques on the brain in Alzheimers patients contain high traces of Aluminum. State & A.O. Smith-Aluminum based anodes. I avoid them when possible.

J.C.
          I'd read a lot on this over the years, mainly there's a bit of concern with spray deoderant having aluminum compounds in them...I switched to roll-on.

It occurs to me...PEX is cross linked PE, it's cross linked with aluminum.

Comment

I don't know where exactly the industry will go, but currently it is leaning towards cheap, easy DIYer products and eventually 'greener' technology.

Wherever it goes... I will adapt to the market and continue to make good money servicing people's plumbing. Speaking of adapting to new technology and the market, I just recently expanded my drain-cleaning end of busness, I just bought a seesnake and scout locator...it arrived friday, I sold a $4000 sewer on the same day and bid on 2 others.
            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
              I don't know where exactly the industry will go, but currently it is leaning towards cheap, easy DIYer products and eventually 'greener' technology.

Wherever it goes... I will adapt to the market and continue to make good money servicing people's plumbing. Speaking of adapting to new technology and the market, I just recently expanded my drain-cleaning end of busness, I just bought a seesnake and scout locator...it arrived friday, I sold a $4000 sewer on the same day and bid on 2 others.
              Good job way to make a dent in that seesnake cost.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
              X