Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Surgeons Tools...

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    I rough in/remodel also. Have to cut lumber for support, backing, bracing-you know the drill. So I keep it in there too.

J.C.
    No,No.Sorry
    I was replying to another poster.
    Remember,I like it

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      How are jumper wires useful for a plumber?
      What about for jumping thermostats for a boiler/furnace?

Comment

Here Charles, no plumber would look at a furnace. Only about 5 boilers in the county. And I'm being serious.

J.C.

Comment

you could use them to jump a pressure switch on a well

Comment

or nipple clamps of course

Comment

Here Charles, no plumber would look at a furnace. Only about 5 boilers in the county. And I'm being serious.

J.C.
              Then I guess you could figure out a way to use them on your deadbeat customers.

Comment

Rethunk it.
                Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 09-23-2008, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                  you could use them to jump a pressure switch on a well
                  Just push the points in with an insulated tool. Built in jumper. No sermons please.

J.C.

Comment

I think I would unload all the adjustable crescent wrenches and get a few double open end wrenches: 7/8, 13/16", 3/4, for 5/8" compression adapters and stops, 5/8" for the 3/8 comp nuts, 1/2"x9/16 for the tank bolts and closet bolts, 3/8"x7/16" for the smaller closet nuts and thermocouples. I find they don't slip like the adjustables are apt to.
                    I'd carry a 6" square piece of rubber gasket material-various uses-especially for plugging the whole when you pull out the old ballcock so you don't have to use your turkey baster to drain the whole tank. The end of the ballcock box will do almost as well.
                    Sponge
                    Pair of regular scissors for cutting fill tube on the ballcock or labels off of most anything or opening plastic bags or those tough plastic containers that the new tools you buy come in. I suppose the razor knife would do the trick but I could tell you some bad razor knife stories (ouch!).
                    String packing
                    A couple of different size scratch awls
                    I prefer douglass or speedy channel locks
                    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks Tim. I'll consider some of your ideas.

For W/C assembly or dismantling though-I can turn & burn with the deep sockets w/small ratchet. With good control. Tried nut drivers too.

J.C.

Comment

Thanks Tim. I'll consider some of your ideas.

For W/C assembly or dismantling though-I can turn & burn with the deep sockets w/small ratchet. With good control. Tried nut drivers too.

J.C.
                        Good idea. I'm glad you have good control. I'd end up busting the tank if I used sockets.

I also carry my dewalt cordless screwdriver and a small case of bits and drills.
                        "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Be careful with ANY new American Standard toilet. Got to almost crack the S.O.B. to get it to stop rocking. Regardless what type of wrench you use.

J.C.

Comment

Be careful with ANY new American Standard toilet. Got to almost crack the S.O.B. to get it to stop rocking. Regardless what type of wrench you use.

J.C.
                            Agreed! Dang, you're up late.
                            My last tool suggestion for the evening: A little micro-torch (the kind that use the butane). The small intense flame is great for loosening faucet handles, screws (especially in the end of an old tub stem) or practically any metal things that are stuck.

Comment

Yes, I'm up late. And so are you! Gotta' turn the dryer on again to make sure the jeans are dry for tomorrow. Knockin' out soon though with wrenches and bolts dancing in my head.

J.C.

Comment

Have you been in my tool box? They sure llook like tools right out of my box.

Mark
                                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                                X