Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: production cutting no-hub pipe

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
    I have been getting fantastic results with a chop saw and a wet dry diamond blade ( I cut without water).
    What size motor and blade does your saw have Bill?
    I have a 120v,14amp,14"x3500.I don't know if it is enough to run a loaded up full size blade.Maybe if I drop down a blade size.

Comment

I guess I wonder why the original post said "no chop saw" because you don't have one or you have already tried and it was slow or eat up too many blades? (abrasive}
      I use the my chop saw or hand held gas or electric saw with diamond blades and it rolls great! But I bought 40 blades at an auction for nothing and I burn them up like there is no tomorrow because I have no real investment in them. Before when I paid retail for them I was scared to use them on iron but read on the forum how they did well and since trying them diamonds burn thru anything! Nowdays you can buy cheap diamond blades if your plan is too abuse them. The diamonds are the same diamonds but a quality blade is the matrix that holds the diamonds to the blade (the glue ) So if I had a lot of production to do at home I would buy the cheap blades and burn thru them. But I would need to know how much production we are talking about.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Someone motivated can cut a piece of 4" every 10-12 seconds within an eighth on a pair of wheeler snaps.

Are these blades and saws really that fast and financially feasable.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          used to have a "wheeler rex" automatic hydraulic snap cutter.

i'll see if i can find the link.

rick.

http://www.wheelerrex.com/catalog/Wh...Catalog_07.htm
          Rick:

You know about some really neat tools, I have never seen this one
          Thanks for sharing man

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
            Rick:

You know about some really neat tools, I have never seen this one
            Thanks for sharing man
            And just what do you think I was talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              What size motor and blade does your saw have Bill?
              I have a 120v,14amp,14"x3500.I don't know if it is enough to run a loaded up full size blade.Maybe if I drop down a blade size.
              And just what do you think I was talking about?
              Be careful dropping down a blade size because your rpm's will go up. Make sure the blade can handle it. 14 amp is a big saw, it should be able to handle it.

We both know that Rick gets all the credit. That's just the way of life Adam.

Does anyone know if the dewalt slow rpm chop saw with carbide blade will cut cast? I know they do a great job on every other metal.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I use an old Dewalt 14".

Use a 14" diamond blade... If you drop down a size the arbor may not fit

MK Diamond

MK Diamond 160682 MK-99 14-Inch Dry or Wet Cutting Segmented Saw Blade with 1-Inch Arbor for Concrete and Brick

IN STOCK SKU: 160682UPC: 092333814713Your Price:$79.33Shipping$11.94Ships in 2-3 business days

Comment

Thank-you Bill.
                  Looking forward to giving her a test drive.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                    Be careful dropping down a blade size because your rpm's will go up. Make sure the blade can handle it. 14 amp is a big saw, it should be able to handle it.

We both know that Rick gets all the credit. That's just the way of life Adam.

Does anyone know if the dewalt slow rpm chop saw with carbide blade will cut cast? I know they do a great job on every other metal.
                    I'm not sure what you mean by slow Ben.I use my 14 I mentioned ealier with the carbide to cut steel studs and "nip" cast pipe and fittings.
                    Eats up a lot of blade.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by slow Ben.I use my 14 I mentioned ealier with the carbide to cut steel studs and "nip" cast pipe and fittings.
                      Eats up a lot of blade.
                      http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/to...?productID=159 Okay, so maybe when I looked at the specs it didn't really seem that slow. Is this what you use Adam?
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Be careful dropping down a blade size because your rpm's will go up.
                        Not sure what you are saying here Ben. The RPM of the tool will not change because a different blade is mounted.

The RIM SPEED of a particular blade will be affected by different motor speeds (motor RPM) Some blades are designed for optimal performance in a particular RPM range, and running above or below those speeds can cause them to overheat or other problems including break-up if run over their MAX RPM, but I am sure you are not talking about doing that.
                        "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

I was thinking about rim speed but I don't think it matters when thinking about it more. If it did, then their would be a minimum size of blade before it needs replacing. Thanks for the correction.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                          X