X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Followed a good install

Mon. my boy and I went to a shop to run 300' of air line. Pretty straight forward. Some of the guys want the heat turned on. there's four 200,000k coray vac tube heaters. Turn up the thermostat, click, whine , whistle. (I just started laughing) The kinda pitch thats somewhere close to torture if it continues for more than a couple seconds. Then poof/boom ,one of heaters access panels blows off as it tries to ignite. Yah, it's still whistling and I'm still laughing. The foreman looks at me as the panel hits the floor (I don't know how to make that sound) By this time I tell him we need to shut it down. That it's unsafe.(shrapnel and all) I tell him I think the flexes are to small but I'll check it out. Brand new building.

Re: Followed a good install

Nice

Comment

they make a new flex now that is rated for 290,000 btu's. perfect for tankless installations. it's a true 3/4''. brasscraft are the ones stocked here.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

as dose dormont.

Comment

It was a Dormont 1/2 I.D. x 24" rated for 150,000 btu. I don't know about the orifices ?

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            they make a new flex now that is rated for 290,000 btu's. perfect for tankless installations. it's a true 3/4''. brasscraft are the ones stocked here.

rick.
            wow! i cant put a flex on anything over 100,000 btu

Comment

Working...
            X