X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little give back

I have started to add a little gift to My customers. I now add vacuum breakers to hose bibbs.
    I walk them out side to demonstrate,and inform of their purpose. I don't want them concerned later of the little water blow off when bibb is shut off. One more little gift. I
    test the water pressure at the hose bibb, after PRV. 2 days ago I discovered 40 lbs on a 2 story home. Iran it up to 60 lbs. Well the next day I came to work and was a hero! the up stairs shower had been a small stream for years! They were soo grateful for this full stream
    of hot water . A little time and Money can make a friend to remember. Tool Ps I am doing very little plumbing on this project. added hose bibb, Roof repairs,tile,carpentry.
    You know , it's ok for a plumber to plane a sticky door for a Gal!
    Last edited by toolaholic; 09-25-2008, 11:48 AM.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: A little give back

it's then little things that make a big difference. wheni have to remove and reset a toile i check the fill and flush valves and adjust as needed.

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

we tighten the toilet seats if loose clean or replace an aerator as well as check the incoming water pressure, i agree the little things really do say a lot about you as well as convey the message that you care.

Comment

I give out $10 gift cards for the local taco/burrito eatery.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
          I give out $10 gift cards for the local taco/burrito eatery.
          Sounds like job security, you do do drain cleaning right? If not you should!

Comment

I thought you were in "Tough Town" as far as inspectors go.
            They've been requiring us down here to not just install them,but snap the set screws so we can't take em off as soon as he leaves after final inspection never to return.This has been the case for at least twenty years.

Comment

To be honest, I stopped snapping the screw heads off. This was after reading about some going bad. No inspector on this job . Carpentry
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

i've been putting them on since the early 80's.

the set screws are easy to drill out. the spring loaded ones are a "pita"

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  i've been putting them on since the early 80's.

the set screws are easy to drill out. the spring loaded ones are a "pita"

rick.
                  you should try the arrowhead hose bibs with the built in vac breaker

Comment

Originally posted by plumbworker View Post
                    you should try the arrowhead hose bibs with the built in vac breaker
                    Rick showed me one of those the other day at the hardware store he and Joey work at on Sundays.
                    How long have they been out?Have they established a track record yet,GOOD/BAD?

Comment

Been using Woodforde with the built in vacuum breaker for a long time. Don't care much for the frost free requirement.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                        I have started to add a little gift to My customers. I now add vacuum breakers to hose bibbs.
                        I walk them out side to demonstrate,and inform of their purpose. I don't want them concerned later of the little water blow off when bibb is shut off. One more little gift. I
                        test the water pressure at the hose bibb, after PRV. 2 days ago I discovered 40 lbs on a 2 story home. Iran it up to 60 lbs. Well the next day I came to work and was a hero! the up stairs shower had been a small stream for years! They were soo grateful for this full stream
                        of hot water . A little time and Money can make a friend to remember. Tool Ps I am doing very little plumbing on this project. added hose bibb, Roof repairs,tile,carpentry.
                        You know , it's ok for a plumber to plane a sticky door for a Gal!
                        Good idea, but most people don't see the added value that a vaccuum breaker provides. I used to carry around a bunch of Moen showerheads and if they had one that was in bad shape, I would stick one on while I was in the bathroom working on something. Typically the water flow is not much up here so people really appreciate it when you take the time to remove the flow restrictors from their existing showerhead or install a new modified Moen shower head.
                        Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
                          Good idea, but most people don't see the added value that a vaccuum breaker provides. I used to carry around a bunch of Moen showerheads and if they had one that was in bad shape, I would stick one on while I was in the bathroom working on something. Typically the water flow is not much up here so people really appreciate it when you take the time to remove the flow restrictors from their existing showerhead or install a new modified Moen shower head.
                          Do that up here and the water nazi's will come after you. Excess use surcharges, fines etc...better ask before you do that, especially if you are in a drought area like me.

Greg

Comment

Working...
                          X