X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: legioella bacteria

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
    so true jc.

we have to be careful not to live in a bubble all the time.

we need "good germs" to survive.

don't get me wrong, i don't tempt destiny, but i'm not phobic about getting sick either.

speaking of getting sick, do you think that plumbers have a better imune system than the average person?
    I do.
    I got enough disease ridden shloop on me in one day than any other non drain cleaning person will in a life time.And all this for the experience of working with Rick

Comment

Funny, I'm 65 and all these years with conventional plumbing , I never had this plague !!
      What a load of road apples
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
        When I was at the bradford white factory they said turn the temp up all the way and install a mixing valve. It will extend the life of the W/H and will give you more hot water by 15% I THINK! I MAY BE WRONG ON THE #. I guess at legal temp the water heater drops through the condinsate cycle or some such thing. Any way I'm with you on the scare tactics. But it will sell more mixing valves.
        And what will "turning the temp all the way up" do to TCO's on alot of FVIR systems. Besides already popping off T&P's. Just a mess waiting to happen.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
          When I was at the bradford white factory they said turn the temp up all the way and install a mixing valve. It will extend the life of the W/H and will give you more hot water by 15% I THINK! I MAY BE WRONG ON THE #. I guess at legal temp the water heater drops through the condinsate cycle or some such thing. Any way I'm with you on the scare tactics. But it will sell more mixing valves.
          Good luck getting your customer to pay the extra cost
          West Trail Mechanical Ltd
          Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

Originally posted by bigPipe09 View Post
            Good luck getting your customer to pay the extra cost
            Heck I don't even run it past my customers.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              What's the Watts T release on the T&P?

J.C.
              From Watts' Website:
              Series 100XL Temperature and Pressure Relief Valves are used in water heater and hot water storage tank applications to provide automatic temperature and pressure protection to hot water supply tanks and hot water heaters up to 105,000 BTU/hr. They feature a bronze body with NPT male inlet and NPT female outlet connections, unique thermostat with special thermo-bonded coating, and a test lever. Model 100XL-8 is also available with 8 in. (200mm) extension thermostat. Series 100XL is ASME rated and CSA listed. Temperature Relief: 210°F (99°C), Pressure Relief Range: 75 to 150psi (5.2 to 10.3 bar), Standard Pressure Settings: 75, 100, 125, or 150psi (5.27, 7.03, 8.79, or 10.55 bar).

Comment

Working...
              X