legioella bacteria

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• legioella bacteria

just figured i'd let you guys know about this.

according to what i've read, canadian plumbing code update regarding hotwater tank max water temp has been upped to 140 f.

reasoning is legionella bacteria apparently thrive if given the right conditions @ 120 f.

the code change also states that the water temp @ the faucet still remains @ 120 f.

just a heads up.

anybody else ever hear 'bout this? JC?

Re: legioella bacteria

yes have known this but it seems lawyers and litigators and our sue happy society seems to know our job better than we do, good change to the code up there, i can only imagine what they had to go thru to force that change. {so much for the plumber protects the health of the nation slogan}, when someone spills drive thru coffee on themseleves and sues for millions or doesnt get there pants back from the dry cleaners an again tries to sue for millions, there are certainly more important issues and that is one, i recall not to far back a writer for plumbing and mechanical wrote about his bout with legionnaires disease scary stuff.

Comment

Side Note:

Copper is "bio-static"

PEX is NOT

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
        Side Note:

Copper is "bio-static"

PEX is NOT

please explain.

Comment

I don't think this is new the minimum hwt temperature has been 140 for a while

Comment

140 degrees at the tank. Constant circulation to reduce stagnation. Tempering valves 18" maximum, servicing all fixtures. It's a coming.....
            sigpic

Comment

Your N.H.Master's new best friend.

Me..
              I'm telling my friends and family to lower their tanks to add life to them,thank you very much

What about the water in the pipes breeding the bacteria?

So they want me to crank all my heaters in my network up to 140 then add tempering valves,just to watch the heaters die in half the time.

How much faster are tankless going to burn out at that temp?How do tempering valves work in conjunction with tankless?

So now we not only have ambulance chasing lawers scaring my community about mold(generating millions of $ by the way),now they can make more money off water heaters.

Just like mold,Other than Garager/Mark I've not seen one case anywhere in my group of people that I network with getting back to me on someone being affected by one of these witch hunt bugs.And we're talking thousands of people.

Sorry,My people are getting hurt more than helped by these kinds of things.These freaks keep this up and they'll have you guys convinced you need to wear bio-suits everytime you expose yourself to the elements(don't even want to know where you put your tongue last night).Oh by the way,you don't use your immune system your going to need a bio-suit.

Was this another RANT?
              Man,It's got to be getting close to time to change my meds.6months up already?

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                140 degrees at the tank. Constant circulation to reduce stagnation. Tempering valves 18" maximum, servicing all fixtures. It's a coming.....
                Ahh shoot,ya beat me out the gate.

You happier than a Pig in ****

Comment

Hey I just had a thought.Are you guys in the different communities really catching this stuff???

We're not.

So maybe your water provider is to cheap to treat your water and they're trying to get you to do it for them.

Comment

According to studies, 95% of Americans have been exposed to legionella bacteria.

www.watt.com danger scalding lurks video.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                      Your N.H.Master's new best friend.

Me..
                      I'm telling my friends and family to lower their tanks to add life to them,thank you very much

What about the water in the pipes breeding the bacteria?

So they want me to crank all my heaters in my network up to 140 then add tempering valves,just to watch the heaters die in half the time.

How much faster are tankless going to burn out at that temp?How do tempering valves work in conjunction with tankless?

So now we not only have ambulance chasing lawers scaring my community about mold(generating millions of $ by the way),now they can make more money off water heaters.

Just like mold,Other than Garager/Mark I've not seen one case anywhere in my group of people that I network with getting back to me on someone being affected by one of these witch hunt bugs.And we're talking thousands of people.

Sorry,My people are getting hurt more than helped by these kinds of things.These freaks keep this up and they'll have you guys convinced you need to wear bio-suits everytime you expose yourself to the elements(don't even want to know where you put your tongue last night).Oh by the way,you don't use your immune system your going to need a bio-suit.

Was this another RANT?
                      Man,It's got to be getting close to time to change my meds.6months up already?
                      When I was at the bradford white factory they said turn the temp up all the way and install a mixing valve. It will extend the life of the W/H and will give you more hot water by 15% I THINK! I MAY BE WRONG ON THE #. I guess at legal temp the water heater drops through the condinsate cycle or some such thing. Any way I'm with you on the scare tactics. But it will sell more mixing valves.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                        According to studies, 95% of Americans have been exposed to legionella bacteria.

www.watt.com danger scalding lurks video.
                        And yet we do not have a 95% outbreak. Read it, understand it, will do it if required, and still seems like bs. Adams my lawyer on this and mold.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                          And yet we do not have a 95% outbreak. Read it, understand it, will do it if required, and still seems like bs. Adams my lawyer on this and mold.

J.C.
                          so true jc.

we have to be careful not to live in a bubble all the time.

we need "good germs" to survive.

don't get me wrong, i don't tempt destiny, but i'm not phobic about getting sick either.

speaking of getting sick, do you think that plumbers have a better imune system than the average person?

Comment

Plumbers possibly have a better immune system. Exposure to bacteria/viruses in small quantities could get the immune system working against them. But what do I know? You don't ask your MD about Hore Frost, right?

J.C.

Comment

What's the Watts T release on the T&P?

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X