X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heating fuel

i just spilled some jet "A" (really clean heating fuel) on myself.

i'm changing changing the filters and the only way to remove the fuel is to remove the filter. this is a catch 22 situation.

anyways, i have fuel on my overalls. besides washing them in regular detergent, does anybody have any trade secrets?

Re: heating fuel

when working on the trucks and other greasy olaces I would wash my clothes in Lestoil, my mother taught me that and i think it did a better job of getting the smells and stains out than regular detergents

Comment

When I get kerosene or Diesel fuel, or other fuel on my clothes, I hang them on a rope outside for a few days and pray it rains hard. Waterless hand cleaner rubbed in and then rinsed with a garden hose or in a washtub helps. Please do not just put them into your washer at home. Your wife and other family will be ultra super POed about stinky laundry.

When you do wash and dry them, you best take them to a self service laundry.
      Last edited by Woussko; 09-26-2008, 06:20 PM.

Comment

We would always pretreat #2 Fuel oil with Simple green before it went into the washer, It worked well...

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
          when working on the trucks and other greasy olaces I would wash my clothes in Lestoil, my mother taught me that and i think it did a better job of getting the smells and stains out than regular detergents

we don't have lestoil. i have heard of it though.

i ended up using a product called pinesol. did the job.

i'm also going to buy some of that simple green.

it's so nice not knowing everything. i get to hear about all of these other ideas. thanks guys.

Comment

Material Safety Data Sheets for Lestoil and Original Formula Pine-Sol- PDF file ... You'll see the Lestoil is quite a different cleaning product. I haven't had or used it for a long time, but maybe I'll look and pickup some. In a Google search people claim it is good for this type of use.

In the USA Ace Hardware stores (the big ones) normally have it where they stock home cleaning supplies.

As for Simple Green, that is good stuff to have. It's a good general use cleaner.
            http://www.simplegreen.com/

With any of the above please think on the safe side. If you do use it on clothing, I would hand wash it in a washtub very well before tossing that item into the clothes washer with regular laundry.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Woussko; 09-27-2008, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X