• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what am i?

what kind of valve am i?

-i'm self-closing and i don't have a handle

-i control LPG, solids, semi-solids, and liquids

-i tighten under stress, but i'm still tight under normal working conditions

-it's important to clean me after each discharge/blow-down

any guesses?

Re: what am i?

Solenoid?
    West Trail Mechanical Ltd
    Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

Anus.

Comment

Ah ha I think Herk has Got it!!!!

Comment

ya I overthought that one a little...haha
          West Trail Mechanical Ltd
          Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
            Anus.

we have a winner!!!

Comment

LMFAO AT this thread

Nice Job that was funny
              Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
              New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

some miss information, there,
                -I control LPG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquefied_petroleum_gas
                Liquefied petroleum gas (also called LPG, GPL, LP Gas, or autogas)

LPG is usually derived from fossil fuel sources, being manufactured during the refining of crude oil, or extracted from oil or gas streams as they emerge from the ground.

Varieties of LPG bought and sold include mixes that are primarily propane, mixes that are primarily butane, and the more common, mixes including both propane (60%) and butane (40%), depending on the season
                LPG is a crude oil product, methane which is the basis of Natural gas, but Natural gas is not LPG, also propane is an exact chemical composition of carbon and hydrogen, Propane (chemical formula C3H8) , Butane (chemical formula C4H10), http://www.e-lpg.com/lp_gas.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_gas
                Natural gas is a gaseous fossil fuel consisting primarily of methane but including significant quantities of ethane, propane, butane, and pentane—heavier hydrocarbons removed prior to use as a consumer fuel —as well as carbon dioxide, nitrogen, helium and hydrogen sulfide.[1]

http://everything2.com/index.pl?node...e%20of%20farts
                Farts or fart (flatus in medical parlance), is the gas habitually released from the rectum of all humans and animals. Humans (men and women alike) normally release 0.5 - 1 liters of rectal gas per 24 hours, while ruminating animals emit such huge quantities of flatus (in their case mainly methane)...

Swallowing air, making methane

There are two sources of flatus - external and internal. The external source is simply swallowed air, of which the oxygen (~ 20%) is normally absorbed in the digestive system, while the nitrogen (~ 80%) passes through and becomes one major component of flatus. The internal sources are various gaseous end products of the digestive process, mainly hydrogen and methane, together with small volumes of intensely malodorous sulphur-containing compounds.

Large variations

The chemical composition of flatus varies with (1) the diet (beans and other fibrous foods produce more flatus), (2) the health status of the individual's digestive system (stomach infections often give rise to flatus, particularly of the malodorous variety), and (3) the way in which the individual eats (fast eaters gulp in a lot of air, which ends up as increased volumes of flatus).

Because of the large variations in eating habits among healthy individuals, it is difficult to pinpoint a "normal" chemical composition of farts. The available data tend understandably to be rhapsodic and are often focused on various anomalies The world is still waiting for an all-encompassing WHO-sponsored Human Fart Project.

Free of fibers, free of farts

The following data (Tomlin, J., et al) for 10 healthy subjects (5 men, 5 women) gives a reasonably good idea of the chemical composition of fart gases. The individuals were first fed their normal diet + 200 g baked beans per day. Subsequently they were given a fiber-free diet. The results were as follows:

(A) Normal diet + 200 g baked beans:

volume of gas (ml) per 24 hrs
                median range
                Total flatus 705 476 - 1491
                Hydrogen 361 42 - 1060
                Carbon dioxide 68 25 - 116
                Methane 26 3 - 120 (3/10 subjects)
                Nitrogen 213 61 - 476
                (B) Fiber-free diet:

median
                Total flatus 214
                Hydrogen ~ 0
                Carbon dioxide 6
                Methane ~ 0
                Nitrogen 207
                Hydrogen and methane production seems to cease almost entirely when the subjects switch to a fiber-free diet. The farts then consist only of the remnants of swallowed air (nitrogen). But it is important to remember that a fiber-rich diet is much healthier, as it protects us from colon cancer and other serious health problems.

It is also worth noting in the table above that production of hydrogen in humans is much greater than methane production. In ruminating animals the situation is different.

BUT there is NO "LPG or propane, or butane", in the composition

So the anus does not control LPG,
                Last edited by BHD; 09-26-2008, 09:30 PM.
                Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                attributed to Samuel Johnson
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

BHD. excellent. very informative.

i apologize for the miss information. i guess i should have explained my acronym in greater detail.

LPG; low pressure gas, aka; the fart.

got a quick question for you;

my reular diet (minus the beans)consists mostly of whale blubber and seal fat. believe me, you don't want me throwing beans in there too.

is this fat and/or oil considered a petroleum product? 'cause i'll tell yu, i got one hec of a grease stain in back of my shorts. it pretty near goes up to the waist band.

Comment

my guess is the question is more of a joke but,
                    I would consider that an animal based oil product, not a "fossil based" product which is normal the said basis of petroleum products, personally I kinda doubt if the "oil" that is pumped out of the ground is all "fossil based" my guess it some of it is a natural occurring substance, yes coal and some of it probly is the remains of old vegetation and animals, but that is jsut a whole lot of animals to be able to pump millions of barrels of oil out of the ground day after day after day.

I am not a oil expert by any means but there are, vegetable based oils, animals based, and mineral based oils, many of these oils can be used interchangeably in a form,
                    as vegetable oils can be converted in to bio diesel, and synthetic motor oils, some of the animal based could also be used in a bio diesel and probly could be refined to a lubricating product, even mineral oils are used for medical purposes and in products that are used in food related applications,

as a far as your ability to digest oils and fats, the body can digest some fats effectly and some they can not, (a number of years ago, one of the potato chip company came out with a chip cooked in a oil that the body would not absorb, and would pass through the system with out being digested, one of the side effects if one ate a lot was the problem you described, grease stains), but different fats are transformed to or broke down differently and each person breaks them down differently as well, (such as a person with lactose intolerance they are lacking an enzyme to effectly digest the oils in the milk), the bile as well as hormones are also used in the process of fats and oil in the digestive system, and since ever person will have some what different body chemistry each person will respond some what differently to various foods, (people who have had gallbladder removal or problems usaly have digestive problems with fats and oils),

also fats in general are digested slower than most other proteans and carbohydrates, Also if one has a very high percentage of fats and oils in there system there body will eliminate a portion of it when it is not needed for the body's needs or energy levels,
                    it is fairly obvious that the body does not digest all food we eat as most people have a movement on a regular basis eliminating the non digested food,
                    http://www.westonaprice.org/knowyour...bsorption.html
                    simple explanation of fat digestion,
                    http://www.biologyinmotion.com/bile/index.html
                    some more information not as involved as the first link,
                    http://nutrition.about.com/od/basicn...rsefatstwo.htm
                    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                    attributed to Samuel Johnson
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Vince,
                      you just ain't right Now you need to start a topic about cleaning your shorts, maybe the simple green would work.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
                        my reular diet (minus the beans)consists mostly of whale blubber and seal fat.
                        What does it taste like? How do you cook it? Serious question.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          What does it taste like? How do you cook it? Serious question.
                          i was just kidding about that being my diet.

to be honest, i don't consume alot fat. traditional food here is very high in protein. too rich for my half-breed blood.

it's an acquired taste and i'm sorry gj there just aren't any words in the english language to describe the taste. aaahhh yes, one word. unique.

there are serveral ways of eating "country foods".

#1- blood pumping raw, raw, and frozen raw (caribou & arctic char are my favorites).

#2- fried, roasted, aged (yes aged), boiled, stewed.

Comment

Working...
                          X