X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all Licensed Plumbers

I am urging every licensed Master, Journeyman and registered apprentice to change your avitar to the one I am using, and to post your license number under it. Lets make a statement that we are a united profession that cares about the future of the trade and the health and safety of the nation.
    sigpic

Re: Calling all Licensed Plumbers

Where you comin from man? I really don't think it is a wise idea to post license numbers on the World Wide Web. Might as well post your address and phone number too.

I can appreciate your love for the profession NH.
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
      Where you comin from man? I really don't think it is a wise idea to post license numbers on the World Wide Web. Might as well post your address and phone number too.

I can appreciate your love for the profession NH.
      I'm with "Enzyte Bob"

Comment

I agree with Tyman.
        If I posted my Florida Masters Lic. number within 20 min. you could have what I paid for my last mortgage bill, who I paid it to and if I was late...and more.
        Mike
        If you need to know my lic. #'s,for both states, e-mail me. I'll send you my whole resume, with the agreement that my information is private and confidential.

Comment

i will use the avatar;

but if licensed plumbers post their lic,
          numbers any and "all' unlicensed hacks and d.i.y. Will be trying to use our numbers to pull permits and otherwise get passed inspectors
          JERRYMAC
          E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
          CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
          FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
          SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

How is it different than riding around in a van with the name, phone and lic. number in big bold letters?

besides, I happen to like my current avatar

Comment

Crack
              I thought that was your pencil holder.
              Mike
              Seriously though, right now, I am not a business owner who is required to list his or her license number on a vehicle. That coupled with the insane amount of information MY state puts on the web, I don't need to take that risk.

Comment

NHMaster, you didn't even list your license #. You must have thought twice yourself.
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

psst... hey Mrs SD,look closely at his screen name.

Comment

it's in my screen name. I don't care who can look me up. We are required to list our license number on our vans and all advertising.
                    sigpic

Comment

but hey, if you're uncomfortable I can see that. Just post the avitar that should be enough to get the message across.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                        NHMaster, you didn't even list your license #. You must have thought twice yourself.
                        Thanks to Terry love and google earth I know His back yard! Needs a little work!!!!!
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by myakka View Post
                          psst... hey Mrs SD,look closely at his screen name.
                          Mark just explained the master plumber licensing to me. We do it different here with contractors license numbers. I was looking for a number in the avatar not the handle.

Sorry NHMaster
                          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

hello from up here.

we're starting to show the signs of a break down in the system up here too. the whole infastructure of the plumbing trade is not up to snuff regarding inspections and certification. here's some of my thoughts.

#1- we both need to get the governments to recognize that the plumbing trade as well as the other trades play a very important role regarding public safety.

the technology has advanced leaps and bounds. tolerances are much closer. computer technology is slowly but surely integrading itself. it's time for the law makers to make some changes. not only would it better protect the public, it would also better protect the tradesmen.

unfortunately, more people will get maimed or die before this is recognized. it would be interesting to see the national stats regarding plumbing related injuries and deaths to uncertified people doing stupid human tricks.

#2- better control of the selling of trade related products that require certification to construct/install/repair/maintain needs to be put in place. this type of control is not subtle. but then again, there's nothing subtle about an exploding hwt/wh or a child's screams when they get scalded by hot water from the tap.

#3- i think it would be in all trades interest (both sides of the border) to form associations to look out for the better interests of the tradespeople. this would only benefit the public's interests as well.

our laws closely mirror eachother's. maybe we can make this work to both our advantages.

one last thought, do you think the guy at the mega supply store is going to show a little old lady how to remove a toilet from the floor when its full of little old woman poopies?

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                              I am urging every licensed Master, Journeyman and registered apprentice to change your avitar to the one I am using, and to post your license number under it. Lets make a statement that we are a united profession that cares about the future of the trade and the health and safety of the nation.
                              We all can do that BY agreeing not to use PEX , and keep the skilled piping in the trade like copper

Just my thoughts
                              Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                              New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Working...
                              X