Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You can do it, we can help. 56k beware.

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    The rest of the story! I grew up in an old home like this ! Brings back memorys!
    Foundation ,Hand dug or excavated by horse scoop, Maybe. Stone gathered on site ,by hand.Maybe wife mixed the lime motar. Used lumber from older buildings. Knob and tube wiring. There were probably many shelves for Bell canning jars. Dad left to fight the Nazis.
    Came home and built new homes for all after the war. Paid to rebuild our enemys countrys.
    Paid off our war debt. Home was built with out FANNY MAY OR FREDDY MAC. No credit cards,
    No new cars or loans with them. No one bailed them out, when times were tough! SAVED to buy there first Kelvenator ice box CASH.
    Of course,this isn't the present tenants! God bless My folks, and the WW 2 generation !

WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED !
    So, do you feel better now, or do you need to kick the dog too?
    Last edited by Tyman; 09-30-2008, 05:36 PM.
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
      I will not post my work on the forum at this time. It's like throwing a piece of meat to the piranha's.
      Oh yes, it is.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
        The rest of the story! I grew up in an old home like this ! Brings back memorys!
        Foundation ,Hand dug or excavated by horse scoop, Maybe. Stone gathered on site ,by hand.Maybe wife mixed the lime motar. Used lumber from older buildings. Knob and tube wiring. There were probably many shelves for Bell canning jars. Dad left to fight the Nazis.
        Came home and built new homes for all after the war. Paid to rebuild our enemys countrys.
        Paid off our war debt. Home was built with out FANNY MAY OR FREDDY MAC. No credit cards,
        No new cars or loans with them. No one bailed them out, when times were tough! SAVED to buy there first Kelvenator ice box CASH.
        Of course,this isn't the present tenants! God bless My folks, and the WW 2 generation !

WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED !
        Try prepping the family for another great depression by informing them that some of the prime channels on cable might have to go.

We might have to buy the generic Mac n Cheese rather than the colorfully packaged stuff, might have to switch to eating homemade rice/pasta dishes rather than the premade stuff, and no more $80 sneakers for awhile.

I was raised by my Irish Nana for a large portion of my childhood, we never had to live under extreme poverty, but we definitely knew what it meant before we went off into the real world.

A young friend of my wife once tore my ears off because her dad skimmed on a few luxury features when he bought her a new car, she was on the verge of not talking to him.

After my reaction, she hasn't spoken to us either in the three years since.

We have accustomed ourselves to want the best, over generations we have forgotten that those things require work, they come at a price.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
          Try prepping the family for another great depression by informing them that some of the prime channels on cable might have to go.

We might have to buy the generic Mac n Cheese rather than the colorfully packaged stuff, might have to switch to eating homemade rice/pasta dishes rather than the premade stuff, and no more $80 sneakers for awhile.

I was raised by my Irish Nana for a large portion of my childhood, we never had to live under extreme poverty, but we definitely knew what it meant before we went off into the real world.

A young friend of my wife once tore my ears off because her dad skimmed on a few luxury features when he bought her a new car, she was on the verge of not talking to him.

After my reaction, she hasn't spoken to us either in the three years since.

We have accustomed ourselves to want the best, over generations we have forgotten that those things require work, they come at a price.
          It feels good to me to hear someone else say it.Thanks Duck.

Never know how bad it's going to get.I'm getting ready to break the news to Melissa that I plan to buy 500lbs of premium dry dog food.Stuff has a great shelf life and should be able to sustain life for the three of us.
          May get down to two if I'm looking for something more for our christmas dinner

Comment

I am trying to get Ali to warm up to the idea of venison. I dont think it will work but I am going to try anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              It feels good to me to hear someone else say it.Thanks Duck.

Never know how bad it's going to get.I'm getting ready to break the news to Melissa that I plan to buy 500lbs of premium dry dog food.Stuff has a great shelf life and should be able to sustain life for the three of us.
              May get down to two if I'm looking for something more for our christmas dinner
              Hopefully we can joke now that the market bounced back a little today.

Even more hopefully, our governement learned a few things over the whole ordeal.

Comment

Working...
              X