No announcement yet.

heating oil tanks

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heating oil tanks

do any of you guys know if it's possible to buy oil tanks with the bung or supply outlet located on the bottom of the tank?

Re: heating oil tanks

I assume you mean the tapping where the oil comes out, not goes in? Anyhoooo, the tanks I get from FW Webb are bottom tapped, 1/2" npt. I believe in your neck o the woods the tanks are Canadian? We import them here also and I believe they are end tapped.

Re: heating oil tanks

If it is a clean new tank take to a welding shop and have a new bung welded into it any were you want it, or just talk to a welding/fabricating shop and see what it would cost to have a "custom" made tank,

A lot of the smaller one man shops make fuel tanks for pickups a lot around here,

(my son was welding up new fuel tanks a few days ago at the shop he got his winter job in, it is a big fabricating shop),

My son in law has a custom made fuel tank on his jeep, and it started to leak took it to the welding shop and they cut the bottom off and welded on a new bottom for him, and that was gasoline, (I won't weld on a gasoline tank), but diesel is not as bad, and a new one no problems as there should not be any fumes in side it to support combustion.

turn the tank upside down,
      Last edited by BHD; 09-27-2008, 02:47 PM.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.