X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heating oil tanks

do any of you guys know if it's possible to buy oil tanks with the bung or supply outlet located on the bottom of the tank?

Re: heating oil tanks

I assume you mean the tapping where the oil comes out, not goes in? Anyhoooo, the tanks I get from FW Webb are bottom tapped, 1/2" npt. I believe in your neck o the woods the tanks are Canadian? We import them here also and I believe they are end tapped.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: heating oil tanks

If it is a clean new tank take to a welding shop and have a new bung welded into it any were you want it, or just talk to a welding/fabricating shop and see what it would cost to have a "custom" made tank,

A lot of the smaller one man shops make fuel tanks for pickups a lot around here,

(my son was welding up new fuel tanks a few days ago at the shop he got his winter job in, it is a big fabricating shop),

My son in law has a custom made fuel tank on his jeep, and it started to leak took it to the welding shop and they cut the bottom off and welded on a new bottom for him, and that was gasoline, (I won't weld on a gasoline tank), but diesel is not as bad, and a new one no problems as there should not be any fumes in side it to support combustion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

turn the tank upside down,
      Last edited by BHD; 09-27-2008, 02:47 PM.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
      X