Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pex rumour

Originally posted by Scott K View Post
    Like I said - he said PLASTIC - CRIMP - RINGS. He's not stupid, he wasn't born yesterday.
    Hey Scott did you ever find a link for the plastic rings, or hear anything more about them?

Comment

How long do you think plastic fitting are gonna last ?
      The Garden hose is sounding better and better

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
        How long do you think plastic fitting are gonna last ?
        The Garden hose is sounding better and better
        Are you referring to the plastic expansions rings, the plastic crimp rings or actual plastic fittings?

Comment

according to Wirsbo, the PEX and rings are forever clamping down on the fitting, and therefore cannot come loose..... It seems to work pretty well, but it's a bummer sometimes that you can't dry fit with their system.

a PLASTIC CRIMP RING??? I've not heard of one, and would not likely trust it EVER.

But I also resisted using the copper crimp ring system...

Garden hoses? sure why not? Everything else in building construction is getting disposable, why shouldn't plumbing? (it's hard to type sarcasim )

We can start running DWV with garden hose too... better add a grinder pump to every toilet though.

Comment

Originally posted by eddiegoodfellar View Post
            Are you referring to the plastic expansions rings, the plastic crimp rings or actual plastic fittings?

Left out the S
            plastic fittings

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
              Left out the S
              plastic fittings
              The last time I asked about them at the wholesaler they said they they did not sell any of them (the plastic crimp fittings). The plastic Uponor Quick & Easy fittings (many people call them wirsbo fitting) are very common around here.

* the plastic fitting I was referring to were for "crimp" style fittings. I did not ask what type of crimp rings were used on them (maybe they are the plastic crimp rings Scott was talking about)

*Uponor has black plastic fittings that use a plastic expansion ring. http://www.uponor.com/en/Solutions/P.../Fittings.aspx

Comment

I don't think there is any such thing as a plastic crimp ring. If there was I'm pretty sure one of us would have heard of it by now.

Comment

Ranger ole buddy, where in hell have you been?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                    Ranger ole buddy, where in hell have you been?

Still around and staying out of trouble.

Comment

Where's the fun it that?
                      sigpic

Comment

I am not a fan of pex. It never looks good, I dont see a savings.The manifolds are junk!! I always try to talk them into CPVC.

Comment

Funny how we all have different opinions and like different materials, makes it interesting for sure. In over 20 years of plumbing I've never installed a single stick of cpvc and never will, I just don't like it.
                          These days I do use Viega Pex with the stainless steel sleeves, love the stuff and when I'm done it looks good. I also use copper too but only use the ProPress fittings and they look great!
                          My rates for the Viega Pex are about the same as if I was using copper with sweat fittings and the ProPress jobs are a premium. I don't think I'll ever go back to running copper with sweat fittings. Viega makes both the copper Propress and the pureflow pex, this company changed the way I do business. Thank you Viega, and thank you Ridgid for the tool!

Comment

Another use for wiersbo rings is to Hold the head on your snake in an Emergancy ... But they are excellant on hose fittings

Comment

Residential fire suppression is coming around for plumbers
                              Taking a class at the uponor factory in March to learn/get certified
                              on the fire side of all this.
                              Should be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X