Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sebastopol Man puts code manuals on line, free!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sebastopol Man puts code manuals on line, free!

S.F. CHRONICAL Sept 27 2007 Ca. plumbing code thank youCcarl Malamud
    May end up in court!

site public.resource,org
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Sebastopol Man puts code manuals on line, free!

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    S.F. CHRONICAL Sept 27 2007 Ca. plumbing code thank youCcarl Malamud
    May end up in court!

site public.resource,org
    I just checked and there are a ton of codes in there from all over the country. I don't see how it is legal to make these available for free.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

All the codes should be free if there the law.
      If it is mandated by the state or the feds the laws should be free to access, PERIOD.
      The most it should cost is jsut for the paper and the time.

That is part of the problems there is a profit and private companies making money off the laws, and so why not "add to the law", ever X number of years, with out code revisions there is no sale, it is profit so they add to the code needed or not jsut to sell the books.

I bet if the cost was limited to the cost of just production at a GOVERNMENT Printing office, that the codes would hardly change, except for lobbied new products to be added for approval, and most of those could be an addendum. Ever change cost the system millions.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Tool,

You get a great big hug

I just burned all my codes to a single DVD

Now I can take the library of code books out of the worktruck

Comment

Mark , and My other friends. $125.oo for the little paper back! God bless this Man!
          He's Our JOHN ADAMS! SCREW THE KING!
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Unfortunatly most code books are copywrited and can not be copied, or reproduced without permission. Hell, if you could get it all on line it would put the PHCC out of business.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              Unfortunatly most code books are copywrited and can not be copied, or reproduced without permission. Hell, if you could get it all on line it would put the PHCC out of business.

and how is that a bad thing?

Does this mean the some government official is going to come after me for burning a DVD?

Hold on, there's someone banging on my front door.............

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                Mark , and My other friends. $125.oo for the little paper back! God bless this Man!
                He's Our JOHN ADAMS! SCREW THE KING!
                Let's remember the "KING" here is not the Government it is the Organization which develops and promote the Codes. How do you plan to fund these Organizations once you take their income away? I guess we could have them become a Federal Agency as we all know how well the Feds run things.

If you have ever purchased a book or movie of any kind you understand the price of producing the media has little to do with the cost of producing the information.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                  and how is that a bad thing?

Does this mean the some government official is going to come after me for burning a DVD?

Hold on, there's someone banging on my front door.............
                  P.C. ,You always make Me laugh ! You should write for Leno,I'm not kidding! You have the talent.

Comment

[QUOTE=ToUtahNow;178809]Let's remember the "KING" here is not the Government it is the Organization which develops and promote the Codes. How do you plan to fund these Organizations once you take their income away? I guess we could have them become a Federal Agency as we all know how well the Feds run things.

If you have ever purchased a book or movie of any kind you understand the price of producing the media has little to do with the cost of producing the information.

Thanks', Mark. As usual, You have the knowledge about Your craft Many will never have.
                    I wish someone here ,could post the link to the chron. article. We all need to Hear his side of this story. Thanks Kevin

Comment

Post the links to those codes; I got to the front page of the site but not what you're talking about.
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Do a google search ,and You'll read the chron article from the Chron. Just re-read it now.

All info was LEGALLY gathered !

Comment

Here is the country at large codes: http://bulk.resource.org/codes.gov/

For California Specific Codes go here: http://bulk.resource.org/codes.gov/ca.local/

Though I'm not sure I agree with it in this manner, I do agree with all plumbers having access to it when they need it....

The cool part is they are all in PDF format so I now have them loaded on my Palm Phone

Okie
                          Last edited by OkieBill; 09-28-2008, 11:08 AM. Reason: More info for the masses

Comment

You the man Tool!!!

Comment

The PDF that I downloaded was a scanned version and won't let me search by topic.

Comment

Working...
                              X