Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever bought or used this equipment?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever bought or used this equipment?

I am looking at buying some drain cleaning machines to get some more business. I have always used RIDGID so was wondering if anyone has experience with these?.

http://www.generalpipecleaners.com/pro/12I-95.html

Re: Anyone ever bought or used this equipment?

I never used one, but it is basically a K-60 type machine. I have a K-60 and I prefer Ridgid machines, but I would bet the General I-95 is comparable.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Ya the I-95 says it will do 1 1/4 inch to 4 inch. I never took a k-50 and did anything in a main sewer before lol.

Comment

Yes, I own the I95 and I feel it's a good machine. I have never owned or operated a K-60 so the Ridgid may be comparable or even superior.

Ridgid, General, & Rothenberger all make a comparable sectional in my opinion. They all seem pretty trouble free in their design. I do think Ridgid will be more likely to get you parts or help. (The best is from experienced people here)

J.C.

Comment

I was checking prices on the I-95 when I bought the K-60 and don't think there was a lot of difference. The main difference is the drum for the I-95, but I understand you can use a K-50 drum on a K-60. I wouldn't - I think the machine is far too powerful to be using such small cable.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. The I95 has two speeds, think i'll get it and save 1000 due to not having to buy small ridgid machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Riptideplumbing View Post
              Thanks for the replies. The I95 has two speeds, think i'll get it and save 1000 due to not having to buy small ridgid machine.
              Don't know what you mean or exactly what you're wanting to achieve. The I95 I have does NOT have two speeds. Nor do I recall reading this as a new feature put in a newer model.

As far as not having to buy a small Ridgid machine, what are you referring too? Both the K-60 and I95 will do small lines up to main lines with the right setup.

With my I95 I have 7/8" cable, 5/8" cable, and a sink/tub drum that can be ran on the back. NOT two speeds.

J.C.

Comment

Well when I was looking for a sectional I was going to buy the I-95 also (but then I couldn't come here and brag) I noticed they had 2 machines 1 was 1/3 hp and 1 was 1/2 hp like the k-60 I might have the numbers off but make sure you get the higher HP version. It does matter on roots I know.
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

i have a similar machine in the general route 66.

actually it's a good running easy to use machine.

here's the real issue.

i bought it on ebay for a good price. figured i'll give it a test run.

problem is, where do i get service and parts from?

have you ever looked at general web site and tried to look up parts or accessories. have you ever tried to call up general?

now compare what we have here with ridgid.

if ridgid can't help you, there are plenty others here that can

you are not only buying the machine, you are buying the company.

there have been a handful of us fortunate enough to visit the factory in elyria, ohio and meet the guys and girls that work there.
                  they are dedicated to making and supplying what we need.

unless you're getting that general for 1/2 price. i would stick with ridgid and all the support of the company and this forum

you can't go wrong with a k-60

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    Yes, I own the I95 and I feel it's a good machine. I have never owned or operated a K-60 so the Ridgid may be comparable or even superior.

Ridgid, General, & Rothenberger all make a comparable sectional in my opinion. They all seem pretty trouble free in their design. I do think Ridgid will be more likely to get you parts or help. (The best is from experienced people here)

J.C.
                    I have to agree as well, I have used that machine and its good for sure,

Comment

Working...
                    X